- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Common Insurance Questions
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Learning Center
- Home Inventory Checklist
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Identity Protection
- Quick Links
- Get Insurance Quotes
- Find an Agent
- Manage Your Policy
- Make a Payment
- Payment Options
- Claims Center
- Repair Facility Locator
- Welcome Center
- Mutual Funds: Save, Invest
- Start Planning
- General Investing
- Education Savings
- Retirement Accounts
- Small Business Plans
- Rollovers & Transfers
- Fund Information
- Life Path® Funds
- Stock & Index Funds
- Bond & Money Market Funds
- Fund Performance
- Fund Prices
- Fund Selection Tool
- Quick Links
- Open an Account
- Manage Your Account
- Investing Resources
- Account Help
- Find an Agent
- Contact Us
- State Farm BankÆ
Full Service Financial
- Tools & Resources
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Banking By Phone
- Financial Calculators
- News & Updates
- Security Information & Alerts
We value you as a customer and we know how much privacy means to you. You will have the opportunity to review our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing information the first time we do business with you and every year you are a State Farm customer.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect State Farm customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone within the State Farm family of companies unless:
- You expressly authorize it; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We afford our prospective and former customers the same protections as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect, use, and share information we need to conduct our business, to advise you of our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those below.
Types of information we may collect and how we gather it:
- From you; on applications for our insurance, banking, and investment products; from other policies or products you have with us; or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, your State Farm agent, and our contact centers
- From your visits to statefarm.com®, use of our mobile sites and applications, use of our social media sites and applications, and your interactions with our online advertisements
- From your transactions or experiences with us; such as your payment history and underwriting and claim records
- From the State Farm family of companies and non-State Farm companies, organizations, or consumer reporting agencies, such as your driving record, claim history, or credit information
INFORMATION FOR INTERNET, MOBILE, SOCIAL MEDIA USERS
We want to make you aware of how we use Internet cookies and analytical tools to enhance your experience when visiting statefarm.com® or using our mobile and social media applications. Cookies are files we place in your computer's browser to store your State Farm online preferences. Web analytics provide non-personally identifiable statistical information about how visitors interact with our website and applications. Our mobile and social media applications may also collect non-personally identifiable demographic information (such as age, sex, and city/state location) about the users of each application. Prior to installation of any application, you will see a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application.
By themselves, cookies and web analytics do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information. They do not identify you by name or address unless you have provided us with such information (over the internet or in some other communication). Cookies and analytics do help us to:
- Analyze how customers use our website and applications.
- Develop new services to improve our online content.
- Analyze our marketing campaigns.
- Know how many visitors have seen or clicked on our ads.
If you disable cookies by changing the setting on your browser, the site will not recall your preferences and you will not be able to access a customized default home page view of our website. In addition, rejecting cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and you
may have to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services or promotions.
You may retain cookies in your browser for a customized online experience. However, if you do not want to allow websites to install cookies in your browser, you should adjust your browser settings to block cookies.
Each of the sites we use to advertise and from which we collect data should post a privacy statement that fully describes the advertising and data collection activities of that site. However, we cannot be assured that all sites provide such guidance. We recommend that you check
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use customer information, including consumer report information, to underwrite and/or rate your policies and products, process your claims, ensure proper billing, service your accounts, enhance your customer experience, and offer you other insurance and financial services products that may suit your needs.
We share information about our transactions (such as payment of premium) and experiences (such as an auto accident) with you within our State Farm family of companies and with State Farm agents to better serve you and to help meet your current product and service needs. We may share information about you with persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies for our everyday business purposes and as permitted or required by law. We also may share information about you with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
We may also share customer information with consumer reporting agencies and with other entities as needed to handle your claim and to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions. For example, we might share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on auto damage claims.
STATE FARM PROTECTS CUSTOMER INFORMATION
The privacy of our customers has always been important to State Farm. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. In addition, we regularly review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security. Taking these steps helps us to ensure the safety of our customer information.
TO LIMIT THE SHARING OF INFORMATION WITHIN THE STATE FARM FAMILY OF COMPANIES
At State Farm, our goal is to provide you with a remarkable customer experience. When you apply for insurance or an account, we may gather information about you such as your driving record, your claim history with other companies, and your credit information. After we receive this information, we may share it within State Farm to better meet your current and future product or service needs. In addition, by sharing information within State Farm we won't need to recollect information you may have already provided on other policies or accounts with us. However, if you prefer to limit the sharing of your information within the State Farm family of companies, call your State Farm agent or 1-800-865-6035.
- If you are an existing customer and have already told us your information sharing preferences, no action is needed unless you want to change your preference.
- Your choice will apply to your joint accountholders and/or policyholders.
- Your choice does not limit State Farm from sharing certain information about your transactions with us or your experiences with us for everyday business purposes.
- This sharing option does not apply to our Canadian customers if the product or policy was purchased in Canada.
**THE STATE FARM FAMILY OF COMPANIES INCLUDES:
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
State Farm General Insurance Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
State Farm Lloyds
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm Florida Insurance Company
State Farm Life Insurance Company
State Farm Health Insurance Company
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company
State Farm Bank, F.S.B.
State Farm VP Management Corp.
State Farm Investment Management Corp.
State Farm International Services, Inc.
State Farm Associates’ Funds Trust
State Farm Mutual Fund Trust
State Farm Investor Services (Canada) Co.
State Farm Finance Corporation of Canada
SF Insurance Placement Corporation of Canada
Insurance Placement Services, Inc.
State Farm International Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Plaza One Realty Co.
State Farm Guaranty Insurance Company
State Farm Variable Product Trust
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Residents of Vermont: State Farm will not share your personal information across our State Farm family of companies unless you have authorized us to do so. This does not limit State Farm from sharing certain information about your transactions with us (such as your payment history) or your experience with us (such as your claim history) as permitted by law.
Residents of California: State Farm may collect personal information from sources other than the individual applying for coverage or opening an account with State Farm. Such personal information may, in certain cases, be disclosed to third parties without your authorization as
permitted by law. If you would like additional information about the collection and disclosure of personal information, please contact your State Farm agent. You may also act upon your right to see and correct any personal information in your State Farm files by writing your State
Farm agent to request this access.
Para ver este aviso en español, por favor visite nuestro sitio web www.statefarmenespanol.com.
©Copyright, State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, 2012
Home Offices: Bloomington, IL 61710-001
Securities Issued by State Farm VP Management Corp. For more information, call 1-800-447-4930 (Mutual Funds) or 1-888-702-2307 (Variable Products).
Securities, insurance and annuity products are not FDIC insured, are not bank guaranteed and are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal.
State Farm VP Management Corp. is a separate entity from those State Farm entities which provide banking and insurance products.
Neither State Farm nor its agents provide investment, tax, or legal advice.