How to Apply: Frequently Asked Questions
Is there anything else that I need to be aware of when I create an online account and application?
If you electronically submit material to this web site, you are granting State Farm (State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its affiliates) your consent to respond to your submission(s) and other communications related to your submission(s) using an automatic dialer and/or leaving a pre-recorded message. Calls will be made to the telephone number that you submit to State Farm through this web site. You are also giving your consent for State Farm to respond to your submission(s) by email at the address you use to contact State farm or that you direct State Farm to use.
- Is the online application compatible with any Web browser?
- You’ll find technical specifications here.
- What if I forget my username and/or password?
- Click Forgot My Login and your login information will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
- When completing my online application, should I fill in the fields or copy/paste my information into the résumé text field?
The online application is our primary source of applicant data, so the most important step is to fill in all the fields on the online application. Although not required, you may also provide a copy of your résumé by copying/pasting into a 2500 character limit résumé text field. You may not copy and paste your resume in lieu of fully completing the application. Keep in mind that an incomplete online application may limit your ability to be considered for employment.
- What happens when I apply for a specific job opening?
- The job is added to your Career Center account and your application is immediately available to the recruiter responsible for the opening. If you are being considered for an interview, a recruiter will contact you to discuss next steps.
- Where can I get more information about the process?
- You can find out more about the employment process in the Employment Process section of the State Farm Careers Web site.
- How long will my account remain active?
- Your account will remain active for 12 months following any account activity, including updating your profile or applying for a specific job opening. If your account is inactive for 12 months, you’ll need to create a new one.
Thank you for your interest in State Farm!