0-30 Foot Zone
- Clear tree debris from your decks, roofs, and gutters.
- Enclose the eaves on your roof.
- Remove any materials stored around your structures.
- Trim all branches away from your home to keep your roof and gutters free of debris.
- Install a spark arrestor with openings less than 1/8" on all wood burning stove vents.
- Move your 500 gallon or less propane tank 10 feet or more away from structures (and direct it away from structures).
- Move your 500-2000 gallon propane tank 25 feet or more away from structures (and direct it way from structures).
- Install a Class A fire resisant roofing product to reduce the risk presented by your combustible roof.
- Use lattice or wire mesh beneath your deck to prevent accumulation of debris and heat trapping.
- Remove any ground litter and dead vegetation from around your home.
- Remove shrubs next to your home and isolate them from surrounding trees.
50-100 Foot Zone
- Stack your woodpiles at least 30 feet from your home and structures, uphill, and away from trees.
- Maintain grass and weeds at a height no taller than 4 inches.
- Trim tree limbs up 6 feet around your home and structures and allow 10 feet separation between larger trees.
- Place light reflective address numbers on the road to aid in emergency responses.
- Clear any vegetation with 15 feet of overhead clearance from around the road leading to your home.
Printable Check ListDownload