BE A STATE FARM® AGENT
See what it’s like to be a State Farm independent contractor agent.
We want to give you a good sense of what it's like to be a State Farm agent. Take some time to watch these videos and hear what current agents have to say about the opportunity. And, look through the other materials to see what being an agent could mean to you.
We seek candidates with
- Proven ethical behavior
- The desire to network and build relationships that will obtain new customers and retain existing customers
- Ability to organize, operate, and assume the risk of running a business with a focus on marketing and customer service
- Drive for personal and financial achievement through meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success driving business results (not limited to insurance or financial services)
- A strong track record of professional success; ideally in external sales, business ownership or management roles
- A strong positive presence in the local community
- Financial ability to begin and sustain a business
We look for people who
- Want to make a positive difference in people's lives and in their community
- Want a career that is both personally and financially rewarding
- Have key entrepreneurial traits including the desire to manage their own time and personal financial success
Benefits of being a State Farm agent
- Ability to offer a wide range of insurance, financial services and banking products to meet customer needs
- An opportunity that allows you to maintain your own schedule
- Ability to select, lead and develop your own team
- Worldwide travel opportunities
- National marketing and advertising support
- Signing bonuses and paid training program with State Farm benefits during training period
- Hands-on field development training experience with an established agent and continued support
- Customer Care Centers are here 24/7 to assist State Farm customers and agents
State Farm agents are independent contractors
Compensation is sales- and commission-based. No base compensation is available with this opportunity. To determine actual compensation, the applicable State Farm Agent's Agreement and corresponding schedule of payments must be used. Information contained herein does not guarantee eligibility to receive compensation or guarantee specific results. Eligibility and actual results will vary.
Reasonable accommodation assistance
If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Career Center Support or your State Farm® contact.
State Farm is an equal opportunity employer.
State Farm® agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm. Agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.