STATE FARM® AGENT OPPORTUNITY
See what it’s like to be a State Farm agent.
We want to give you a good sense of what it’s like to be a State Farm independent contractor agent. Take some time to look through materials to get a better idea of what being an agent could mean to you. And, watch videos and hear what current agents have to say about the opportunity. Continue to learn more below, or if you're ready to begin, click the Contact a Recruiter button.
We seek candidates with:
- Proven ethical behavior
- The desire to network and build relationships that will obtain new customers, and retain existing customers
- Ability to organize, operate and assume the risk of running a business with a focus on marketing and customer service
- Drive for personal and financial achievement through meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success driving business results (not limited to insurance or financial services)
- A strong track record of professional success; ideally in external sales, business ownership or management roles
- A strong positive presence in the local community
- Financial ability to begin and sustain a business
We look for people who:
- Want to make a positive difference in people's lives and in their community
- Want a career that is both personally and financially rewarding
- Have key entrepreneurial traits including the desire to manage their own time and personal financial success
Some of the benefits of becoming a State Farm agent:
- Ability to offer a wide range of insurance, financial services and banking products to help meet customer needs
- An independent contractor opportunity that allows you to maintain your own schedule
- Ability to select, lead and develop your own team
- Worldwide travel opportunities
- National marketing and advertising support
- Signing bonuses and paid training program with State Farm benefits during training period
- Hands-on field development training experience with an established agent and continued support
- Customer Care Centers are here 24/7 to assist State Farm customers and agents
State Farm agents are independent contractors:
Compensation is sales and commission based. No base compensation is available with this opportunity. To determine actual compensation, the applicable State Farm Agent’s Agreement and corresponding schedule of payments must be used. Information contained herein does not guarantee eligibility to receive compensation or guarantee specific results. Eligibility and actual results will vary. State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm. Agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.
Reasonable Accommodation Assistance
If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Career Center Support or your State Farm® contact.
State Farm is an equal opportunity employer.
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.