Investment Intern – Mortgages and Real Estate
The Investment Department supports the insurance operations and growth of the capital base of State Farm® through the management of over $200 billion in insurance, employee pension, 401K, and mutual fund assets. Mortgages and Real Estate accounts for over $7 billion of State Farm's total invested assets. The investment internship program with the Mortgages and Real Estate department provides hands-on experience in the debt and equity markets of real estate.
Search Jobs and Apply Now
- Assist in origination, evaluation, due diligence, and structuring of commercial mortgage loan and direct equity investments.
- Perform an annual review of existing commercial mortgage loan investments, including the financial statements and rent rolls for specific loans.
- Analyze investment trends noted from economic and investment reports.
- Present written recommendations and oral reports on specific mortgage and real estate investment transactions.
- Interact with and present recommendations to experienced investment professionals, including senior leadership.
- Preference to students with current Junior standing
- 3.5 GPA or above preferred
- Coursework/skills in the following areas: Investments, Financial Statement Analysis, Accounting, Economics and Corporate Finance
- Professional level communication skills, both oral and written
- A successful candidate should be energetic, enthusiastic, analytical and inquisitive; in addition to flexible, comfortable working in a team environment and personable
Training and Skill Development Opportunities
- Exposure to debt and equity real estate markets including commercial mortgage investments, direct-owned real estate investments, REITs, CMBS, and private equity
- Additional activities to gain a deeper understanding of the investment industry and State Farm's investment philosophy
- Travel to visit with companies and/or inspect real estate assets
- Location: Bloomington, Illinois
- Dates: May 21, 2018 to August 3, 2018
- Bloomington, Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix hub interns may qualify for housing stipend assistance through an application and committee review process. A stipend application will need to be submitted by the intern candidate to determine eligibility.
- 38.75 hour work week
- Hourly Rate: $22.00/hour
How to Apply
Visit www.statefarm.com/intern to search for internships and apply!