Windshield Repair Tips from State Farm™
Windshield repairs can keep insurance costs down and hold down your premiums. Learn about next steps and the types of damage that can be repaired from State Farm.
- Windshield Repairs keep costs down since your windshield will not need to be replaced.
- By helping keep insurance costs down, you will hold down your own premiums.
- There may even be some direct savings available to you, depending on where you live and other conditions.
- Get things rolling by reporting a claim online.
- You can call a third party administrator of State Farm at 888-624-4410, or contact your State Farm agent.
- If you are a Massachusetts policyholder, please call 800-526-8210.
- Canadian policyholders, please contact your State Farm agent.
- File a glass claim and schedule an appointment to have the auto glass repaired or replaced.
Types of Damage That Can be Repaired
- Typically, small breaks in the non-acute area (see illustration) can be repaired.
- The acute area is right in front of the driver.
- Small breaks that likely are repairable are: bullseye, star, half moon, and combination (see illustration).
- Chances are the repairer has mobile equipment and will come to you.
- If you take your vehicle to a facility these repairs usually take 20 to 30 minutes and can be done while you wait.