Life Insurance Claims
We know that the passing of a loved one creates plenty of stress on its own. State Farm® is here to help you to recover from the unexpected. We are committed to an efficient life insurance claims process.
To begin the Life Insurance claim process, there are 3 ways to notify State Farm of a death:
- Contact a State Farm agent — contact a State Farm agent
- Submit a claim online using the Report a Death form — begin the process online (the online Report a Death form is not eligible for New Brunswick, Canada residents)
- Contact Life Claims at 877-292-0398
Information to Have on Hand
- Insured person's full name and nickname (if any)
- Date of birth
- State of residence
- Life insurance policy number (if known)
- Date and cause of death
- Name of person reporting the claim, and his/her relationship to the deceased
- Daytime and evening phone numbers
Processing and Resolution
- After the notification of death has been received, the agent of record will contact the beneficiary of the policy.
- Necessary forms will be provided to the agent to be completed by the beneficiary. Under certain circumstances, additional forms / documents may be required from the beneficiary.
- Resolution of the claim will be made by the Life Claim Operation Office once all forms and documentation have been received and reviewed.
Why State Farm?
State Farm has always based its business on one principle: integrity. We'll make sure you get your life back on track in case the unexpected happens.