Financial Cards and ATM Safety
- Always protect your Credit/Debit/ATM cards and keep them in a safe place.
- Do not leave your card lying around the house or on your desk at work.
- No one should have access to the card but you. If your card is lost or stolen, immediately notify State Farm Bank® at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265).
- Only include the last four digits of your credit card account number on your check payment.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) a secret.
- If you must write down your PIN, do not keep it in your wallet, purse, or on the card itself.
- When selecting a PIN, avoid numbers and letters that can be easily identified or associated with you. Do not use your initials, birth date, or telephone number.
- Do not allow others to see your PIN code, what type of transaction you are making, or how much money you are withdrawing.
- Be wary of people trying to help you with ATM transactions.
- Always be ready for your transaction. Have your card ready as you approach the ATM.
- Do not use an ATM if you observe or sense suspicious persons or circumstances.
- Do not use an ATM that appears unusual looking or offers options with which you are not familiar or comfortable.
- Fill out your deposit slip and place your cash or checks in a sealed deposit envelope before arriving at an ATM location.
- Avoid large cash withdrawals.
- Do not count or visually display any money you received from the ATM.
- Take all of your receipts with you.
State Farm Bank®, Bloomington, Illinois, is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID 139716. The other products offered by affiliate companies of State Farm Bank are not FDIC insured, not a State Farm Bank obligation or guaranteed by State Farm Bank, and subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal invested. Contact State Farm Bank toll-free at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). Callers who are hearing or speech impaired should dial 711 or use a preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.