Switching Your Bank Account to State Farm Bank® is as Easy as 1-2-3.
You're ready to change your deposit accounts to State Farm Bank, but changing your direct deposit, converting your automatic transfers and payments and closing your old account seems like a lot of trouble. Just follow these simple steps and you'll be on your way to better banking in no time.
1. Apply for a new State Farm Bank deposit account.
Here's how to get started:
- Gather the information you will need during the application process from the list below.
- Set aside 5-10 minutes to complete the application process.
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply online. To apply for an account with a minor, please contact State Farm Bank at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265) or visit a State Farm agent.
What you will need to apply:
- Social Security number and date of birth for each applicant.
- Contact information like street address, phone number, and email address for each applicant.
- Current bank information or a check for funding your new account.
Apply online or choose one of the following options:
- Contact a participating State Farm® agent.
- Call State Farm Bank toll-free at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). Callers who are hearing or speech impaired should dial 711 or use a Telecommunications Relay Service.
2. Change your electronic transactions, automatic payments, direct deposits and automatic funds transfers to your new State Farm Bank account.
- Balance your old bank account to determine how much you need to leave in your old account to cover all your outstanding deposits and withdrawals.
- If you use automatic payments, switch your bills (such as your insurance, car payment, mortgage, etc.) to be automatically withdrawn from your State Farm Bank account. The Request for Transfer of Automatic Payments Form [PDF-79.8KB] has been created for your convenience (Adobe Acrobat® Reader required). Be sure to ask the institution if they will accept this form. You can also set up Automatic Bill Pay through State Farm Bank Bill Pay. Learn More
- Direct Deposit your payroll to your State Farm Bank account by requesting the necessary form(s) from your employer. You may need your State Farm Bank account number, the State Farm Bank ABA routing/transit number  and a voided State Farm Bank check.
- Watch for all of your automatic payments and direct deposits to be applied to your State Farm Bank account.
3. Balance and close your old account.
- Balance your old account one more time to make sure all outstanding checks, payments and deposits have cleared.
- Close your old deposit accounts. The Closing Request Form [PDF-64.8KB] has been created for your convenience. Be sure to ask the institution that holds the account you wish to close about its closure procedures and determine whether it will accept this form as written notification of closure. Then, print and send this completed form to that institution.
If you have additional questions about switching your deposit account to State Farm Bank, please contact your agent or call 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). Callers who are hearing or speech impaired should dial 711 or use a Telecommunications Relay service.
Thank you for putting your trust in State Farm Bank.
State Farm Bank, F.S.B., Bloomington, Illinois (Bank), is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID 139716. The other products offered by affiliate companies of State Farm Bank are not FDIC insured, not a State Farm Bank obligation or guaranteed by State Farm Bank, and may be subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal invested. The Bank encourages any interested individual(s) to submit an application for any product(s) offered by the Bank. We also encourage you to obtain information regarding the Bank's underwriting standards for each type of credit or service offered by visiting statefarm.com or by contacting the Bank at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). Callers who are hearing or speech impaired should dial 711 or use a preferred Telecommunications Relay Service. To apply for a Bank product, you may also see your participating State Farm agent.