Switching Your Bank Account to State Farm Bank® is as Easy as 1-2-3.
You're ready to change your bank account to State Farm Bank, but you don't want to go through the trouble of changing your direct deposit, converting your automatic transfers and payments and closing your old account.
Just follow these simple steps and you'll be on your way to better banking in no time.
1. Apply for a new State Farm Bank account.
- Apply online.
- Contact a participating State Farm® agent.
- Call State Farm Bank toll-free at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265).
2. Change your electronic transactions, automatic payments, direct deposits and automatic funds transfers to your new State Farm Bank account.
- Balance your old bank account to determine how much you need to cover all your outstanding transactions. See How to Balance your Checkbook in 10 Easy Steps [PDF-1.2MB].
- Switch your bills (such as your insurance, car payment, mortgage, etc.) to be automatically withdrawn from your State Farm Bank account, by completing the Request for Transfer of Automatic Payments Form for each of those payments (Adobe Acrobat® Reader required).
- Direct Deposit your payroll to your State Farm Bank account by requesting the necessary form(s) from your employer. Or use our convenient Direct Deposit Form [PDF-157.2KB]. You may need your State Farm Bank account number, the State Farm Bank ABA routing/transit number  and a voided State Farm Bank check.
- Watch for all of your automatic payments and direct deposits to be applied to your State Farm Bank account.
3. Balance and close your old account.
- Balance your old account one more time to make sure all outstanding checks, payments and deposits have cleared. See How to Balance your Checkbook in 10 Easy Steps [PDF-1.2MB].
- Close your old account using the Closing Request Form [PDF-64.8KB].
If you have questions about switching your account to State Farm Bank, please call 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265).
Thank you for putting your trust in State Farm Bank.