Switching Your Bank Account to State Farm Bank® is as Easy as 1-2-3.
You're ready to change your bank account to State Farm Bank, but you don't want to go through the trouble of changing your direct deposit, converting your automatic transfers and payments and closing your old account.
Just follow these simple steps and you'll be on your way to better banking in no time.
1. Apply for a new State Farm Bank account.
- Apply online.
- Contact a participating State Farm® agent.
- Call State Farm Bank toll-free at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). Callers who are hearing or speech impaired should dial 711 or use a Telecommunications Relay Service.
2. Change your electronic transactions, automatic payments, direct deposits and automatic funds transfers to your new State Farm Bank account.
- Balance your old bank account to determine how much you need to leave in your old account to cover all your outstanding transactions. See How to Balance your Checkbook in 10 Easy Steps [PDF-1.2MB].
- Switch your bills (such as your insurance, car payment, mortgage, etc.) to be automatically withdrawn from your State Farm Bank account, by completing the Request for Transfer of Automatic Payments Form [PDF-79.8KB] for each of those payments (Adobe Acrobat® Reader required).
- Direct Deposit your payroll to your State Farm Bank account by requesting the necessary form(s) from your employer. Or use our convenient Direct Deposit Form [PDF-715.1KB]. You may need your State Farm Bank account number, the State Farm Bank ABA routing/transit number  and a voided State Farm Bank check.
- Watch for all of your automatic payments and direct deposits to be applied to your State Farm Bank account.
3. Balance and close your old account.
- Balance your old account one more time to make sure all outstanding checks, payments and deposits have cleared. See How to Balance your Checkbook in 10 Easy Steps [PDF-1.2MB].
- Close your old account using the Closing Request Form [PDF-64.8KB].
If you have questions about switching your account to State Farm Bank, please call 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). Callers who are hearing or speech impaired should dial 711 or use a Telecommunications Relay service.
Thank you for putting your trust in State Farm Bank.
State Farm Bank, F.S.B., Bloomington, Illinois ("Bank"), is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID 139716. The other products offered by affiliate companies of State Farm Bank are not FDIC insured, not a State Farm Bank obligation or guaranteed by State Farm Bank, and subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal invested. The Bank encourages any interested individual(s) to submit a written application for any product(s) offered by the Bank. We also encourage you to obtain information regarding the Bank's underwriting standards for each type of credit of service offered by visiting statefarm.com or by contacting the Bank at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). Callers who are hearing or speech impaired should dial 711 or use a preferred Telecommunications Relay Service. To apply for a Bank product, you may also see your participating State Farm agent.