Let State Farm® Help You Give the Gift of Education

Few gifts make as significant an impact as the gift of education. It's a contribution that lasts a lifetime in the form of learning, opportunity and success.

Educational Savings Accounts and Savings 529 Plans

Setting up a Coverdell Educational Savings Account (ESA) or State Farm College Savings 529 Plan® can help provide your child, grandchild, niece or nephew a way to pay for a future college education and its expenses.

With an ESA or 529 account, you have a variety of options for investing. The Coverdell ESA offers 15 mutual funds, each with a separate investment objective that may help you meet your goals. Qualified expenses are federal income tax free.

The State Farm College Savings 529 Plan offers a variety of investment portfolios for different needs. You can choose what's right for you with five enrollment-based portfolios and four static portfolios managed by OFI Private Investments Inc. ("OFIPI"), a subsidiary of Oppenheimer Funds, Inc. Should your investment objectives change, you can easily transfer to another portfolio.

Give the gift of knowledge. Secure a Coverdell ESA or 529 plan today! Simply click, call, or visit your registered State Farm Agent today or speak with a mutual funds representative by calling 800-447-4930.

Risk Disclosures

Investing involves risk, including potential for loss.

Before investing, consider the investment objectives, risks, fees, and expenses associated with The State Farm College Savings Plan. Contact State Farm VP Management Corp (800-447-4930) for an Enrollment Handbook and Participation Agreement containing this and other information. Read it carefully.

An investor should consider, before investing, whether the investor's or designated beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in such state's qualified tuition program.

Enrollment Based Portfolios are similar to target date funds in that their investment objectives are adjusted over time to be more conservative as their target date (date the investor plans to start withdrawing funds) approaches. The principal value of the fund(s) is not guaranteed at any time, including at the target date.


Not FDIC Insured

  • No Bank Guarantee
  • May Lose Value