Directly Deposit Your Tax Refund
You can deposit your tax refund into one or more of your Mutual Funds accounts directly. When you file your tax return for the year, follow the instructions below to complete IRS Form 8888 and deposit all or just a portion of your refund directly into the State Farm® account(s) of your choice.
Follow the example below to complete Part I of IRS Form 8888.
- Enter your name and Social Security number as shown on your tax return (Line 1).
- Enter the dollar amount you want deposited from your refund (Line 1a).
- Enter the routing number for State Farm Investment Management Corp. (SFIMC) — 021409169, and select Checking (Lines 1b and 1c).
- Enter your State Farm Mutual Fund account information in the exact format described below (Line 1d).
- Enter SFIMC's identification number: 86.
- Enter your fund number. Allow for five spaces, and use zeroes in front of your fund number to fill any gaps. For example, if the fund number is four digits, there will be one zero in front of the fund number.
- Enter your account number. Allow for 10 spaces, and use zeroes in front of your account number to fill any gaps. For example, if the account number is eight digits, there will be two zeroes in front of the account number.
- If you choose to deposit your refund into multiple accounts, repeat the steps above for each additional account (up to three).
Traditional and Roth IRA Accountholders
Any direct deposits received will be considered contributions for the year during which they were received unless State Farm Mutual Funds is notified. To ensure that your direct deposit is credited to your IRA for the previous tax year,
- the money must be in your State Farm Mutual Funds account by the tax filing deadline for the previous tax year; and
- you must call State Farm at 800-447-4930 to notify us if your contribution is for the prior tax year.
Contribution limits apply: $5,500 for investors under age 50, and $6,500 if age 50 or over.
Securities issued by State Farm VP Management Corp. For more information, call 800-447-4930.
Neither State Farm nor its agents provide tax or legal advice.
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.
Not FDIC Insured
- No Bank Guarantee
- May Lose Value