Your Year-End To-Do List
As the year winds down, prepare financially for the next one. Here are some good items to check off:
- Boost your retirement savings: Increase your contribution by 1%, or, if you recently got a raise, contribute half the increase.
- Rebalance your portfolio: Market changes may have altered your original asset allocation. If so, adjust your investments to ensure that your portfolio still reflects your financial goals and risk profile.
- Review insurance needs: New baby? Just married? Divorced? As your life changes, so should your insurance. Make sure you're protected for your present circumstance.
- Consider a Roth conversion: Think your tax bite may be lower this year than next? You have until December 31 to convert funds in a traditional IRA to a Roth. You pay taxes on the money converted, but owe none going forward, including on qualified withdrawals. This may also be a good strategy if you earned less this year than prior years.
- Check your flexible spending account: Some employers require you to deplete your FSA dollars before the year's end. If so, consider ordering a pair of prescription glasses, or get that dental crown you've been delaying.
- Meet with your State Farm® agent to review your year-end finances and discuss ways you can meet your goals in the coming year.
Securities Issued by State Farm VP Management Corp. For more information, call 1-800-447-4930.
Securities are not FDIC insured, are not bank guaranteed and are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal.
State Farm VP Management Corp. is a separate entity from those State Farm entities which provide banking and insurance products.
Asset allocation does not assure a profit or protect against loss.
Neither State Farm nor its agents provide investment, tax, or legal advice.