Transferring your assets to an IRA with State Farm Mutual Funds® is an easy process.
Prior to rolling over assets from an employer-sponsored retirement plan into an IRA, it's important that customers understand their options and do a full comparison on the differences in the guarantees and protections offered by each respective type of account as well as the differences in liquidity/loans, types of investments, fees, and any potential penalties.
Find an Agent
Step One: Open an IRA
- Select the type of account that fits your needs.
- Choose a fund that is right for you.
- Download and complete the application [PDF-123.9KB] and a transfer request form [PDF-1.2MB].
NOTE: A State Farm® IRA must be set-up before State Farm receives the funds. If you already have a State Farm IRA, consider combining other assets into your existing IRA.
Step Two: Contact the Current Custodian
- Verify the account is eligible for transfer and find out if there are any applicable fees.
- Ask if you need to cash-out any assets before requesting a transfer.
- Ask if a signature guarantee is needed.
- Ask the current custodian for a correct address, a contact name, and phone number for follow-up questions and paperwork.
If you have any questions regarding your transfer to State Farm Mutual Funds, simply contact your local State Farm agent or call 800-447-4930.
Open an Account
Investing involves risk, including potential for loss.
800-447-4930 Mutual funds
888-702-2307 Variable Products
Not FDIC Insured
- No Bank Guarantee
- May Lose Value