Classic Car Insurance from the Nation's #1 Auto Insurer*
Protection for Your Antique and Classic Vehicles
Whether you lovingly rebuilt your antique auto or classic car from the ground up or you bought a perfectly restored showpiece, it's much more than a car to you. It's your passion, your pride and joy. State Farm® can help protect it. We've offered affordable, quality auto insurance coverage since 1922. When your antique car was new, it may have been covered by State Farm. Who better to insure it again?
Find an Agent
Is Your Car Eligible for Antique Car Insurance Coverage?
If you're not sure, these definitions may help:
- Classic Automobile: A motor vehicle ten or more years old, which is rare or of special historical interest because of exceptionally fine workmanship or limited production. A classic motor vehicle 25 years old or older is covered as an antique.
- Antique Automobile: A motor vehicle 25 or more years old.
And here are some important conditions for classic car insurance eligibility:
- Your antique or classic car must be used on a very limited basis, such as exhibitions, club activities, and parades or similar events.
- You need to have restored, maintained, or preserved your antique or classic car.
- Medical Payments/No Fault
- Uninsured Motor Vehicle/Underinsured Motor Vehicle
- Emergency Road Service
- Death, Dismemberment and Loss of Sight
- Loss of Earnings
NOTE: This is only a general description of available coverages and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to policy provisions and applicable endorsements. For further information on antique auto and classic car insurance, see a State Farm agent.
More Reasons to Choose State Farm
- Lower insurance premiums since your antique auto or classic car is used on a very limited basis such as exhibitions, club activities or parades.
- When you choose antique or classic car insurance with us, you and State Farm will agree on the value of the car. If the car experiences a total covered loss, we will pay this agreed-upon value, rather than the actual cash value of the car.**
- Up to $500 coverage for your car's spare parts.*
- 24 Hour Good Neighbor Service — During the day or in the middle of the night, you can call your agent's number and speak with a State Farm representative to handle your antique auto or classic car insurance needs.
- We understand your classic car. We've been insuring collector cars for many years. In 2010, State Farm employees even created a 1968 'Split Camaro' as a teaching tool. It clearly demonstrates the difference between a vehicle fully restored to original condition and a vehicle thats been significantly modified. Learn more about the "Split Camaro".
View more images of the Split Camaro on Flickr
*Based on a 2012 written premium as reported by A.M. Best.
**Not applicable in Massachusetts, North Carolina, and Texas — Contact your State Farm Agent for details.