Learn About Auto Insurance Claims
Accidents do happen, and we want to be sure you and anyone else involved are safe from harm. Here's what to do immediately after an auto accident.
Start a Claim
How to Report an Auto Insurance Claim
To start the auto claims process, contact 800-SF-CLAIM (800-732-5246), report a claim online, use our State Farm® mobile app, or contact your State Farm agent. Once you've reported your claim, an associate will contact you as soon as possible.
Important Things to Remember
- Take reasonable steps to protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Make sure to tell us where your vehicle is located.
- Review your policy for specific coverage information.
- Check out our Auto Damage Service Programs for more information and find a participating repair facility.
If Someone Files a Claim Against You
- Contact your State Farm agent or claim representative; State Farm will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of your policy, State Farm will pay those claims that you are legally liable to honor.
If Anyone is Injured
- If you or your passengers have applicable medical payments or personal injury coverage, injury-related bills will be paid according to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Auto Liability Coverage may protect you if you damage someone else's property or cause injury to others.
Settling a Claim
- We'll pay to repair, replace, or furnish the agreed upon actual cash value of your property, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- If applicable, check with your lien holder (if you've financed or owe money on a car) about how they handle claim payment; we may be required to protect them as well.
- Contact your State Farm agent or claim representative with questions.
- This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.
Get Roadside Assistance
State Farm Mobile Doesn't Mind if it's After Hours
Pay bills. File claims. And more.
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas