Car Insurance for Teens
Learning to drive can be an exciting time for teen drivers, but finding the right car insurance can be challenging.
See All Discounts Available in your State
Tips for Teen Driver Car Insurance Discounts
State Farm offers a variety of discounts that may help teen or new drivers lower their car insurance costs by:
- Completing the Steer Clear® Safe Driver Discount Program. Steer Clear can help teens improve their skills and reduce their premiums.
- Being a good student.
- Driving safely. Check out State Farm Teen Driver Safety for some useful tools.
- Choosing a car with a great safety record or safety features.
Premiums vary based on the vehicle insured.
How to Add a Teen Driver to Your Existing Policy
Add a new teen driver to your existing State Farm auto insurance policy and see if you qualify for discounts:
- Contact your agent or log in to your account on statefarm.com®. If you haven't registered online, you can register here.
- If you're not adding a vehicle, your new driver usually needs to be rated as a primary driver on one of your family vehicles.
- Talk with your teen driver about safe driving, as well as how traffic violations will affect your rates.
- If you're buying a new vehicle, consider which vehicles get the lowest rates.
- Consider getting a Personal Liability Umbrella Policy (PLUP) to protect you financially, should your teen driver accidentally injure someone or damage property.
Steer Clear Mobile App
Steer Clear and save! Young drivers who complete the Steer Clear Safe Driver Discount Program may be eligible for discounts.
Driver FeedbackTM Mobile App
Get customized tips to drive smarter! We built State Farm Driver Feedback to help drivers of all ages drive better and safer
Steer Clear Safe Driver Discount Auto Insurance is not available in every state. For additional information, please contact your State Farm agent. Discounts and their availability may vary by state and eligibility requirements. Not all vehicles or drivers are eligible for discounts.