Car Insurance for Teenagers
State Farm® can help you with your teenage driver insurance needs. Add a new teenage driver to your existing State Farm Auto Insurance policy and find out if you qualify for any auto insurance discounts in your area.
Get an Auto Quote
Add a New Teenage Driver to Your Auto Insurance Policy
- To add a new teenage driver to your auto insurance policy, you can:
Contact your agent, or
Log in to your account on statefarm.com®
If you do not have a customer ID, please register now
- If you are not adding a vehicle, the new teenage driver usually needs to be rated as a primary driver on one of the family vehicles.
- Your insurance rates will typically increase when a new driver or teen driver is added to a policy. Find out if you qualify for any auto insurance discounts in your area, such as a Good Student Discount or the Steer Clear® Safe Driver program.
- Talk with your teenager about safe driving, as well as how traffic violations will affect your rates.
- If you are buying a new vehicle, you may want to consider which vehicles get the lowest rates.
- Consider getting a Personal Liability Umbrella Policy (PLUP).
If you or your teenage driver accidentally injures someone or damages their property, you could be sued.
Coverage amounts are written in increments of $1 million and supplement your present policies to provide additional personal liability protection.
For more information about teen driver safety and tools for new drivers, visit State Farm Teen Driver Safety.