Disability Income Insurance — Michigan
Michigan Disability Income Insurance is currently available through State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Details about coverage, policies, and benefits are listed below. Please read a brief description of the Disability Income Insurance in Michigan.
Find an Agent
This policy is designed to help protect those who need help covering day–to–day living expenses if they are disabled due to sickness or injury, under the care of a physician, and unable to work.
You have the option of choosing a combination of coverages that best meet your needs. Your selection of the options below helps determine the cost of your policy.
- The monthly benefit amount
- The benefit period — the length of time benefits are paid to you
- The Elimination period — the length of time you must be disabled before benefits begin
This is a summary of what benefits may be available to you. For a more detailed understanding, meet with your State Farm® agent.
Monthly Benefit Amount
This is the monthly income that you would receive if you became totally disabled and are eligible for benefits.
If your sickness or injury prevents you from returning to work on a full-time basis after receiving benefits for a period of total disability, State Farm may continue to pay part of your monthly benefit amount.
Waiver of Premium
When you meet certain requirements, your premium for this policy is waived (paid by the Company). Ask your agent for more details.
If you participate in a vocational rehabilitation program while you are disabled, State Farm pays for part, if not all, of those expenses. The level of support you receive depends on your monthly benefit amount.
Additional Purchase Option
Over time, coverage needs change. If you find you need more Disability Income coverage, this option allows you to purchase more on your fifth policy anniversary with an abbreviated application process. You'll need to meet certain requirements, so ask your agent for more details.
To help tailor this product to your specific needs, ask your State Farm agent for details on the following optional benefits:
- Regular Occupation Extension Rider
- Residual Disability Benefit Rider
- Social Insurance Supplement Rider
- Cost of Living Adjustment Rider
*These riders are available at additional cost.
Exclusions and Limitations
This policy does not cover any loss caused or contributed by:
- Normal pregnancy and childbirth; however, complications of pregnancy are covered as a sickness.
- Any attempt at suicide, whether sane or insane, or any intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- War, declared or undeclared, or any act or hazard of war.
- Injury sustained or sickness contracted while you are in the armed services of any country.
- Your participation in the commission of an assault or felony, riot or insurrection.
- Injury or Sickness which results from the use of marijuana, narcotic drugs, hallucinogens, barbiturates, amphetamines, or tranquilizers which were not prescribed for you by a physician.
- Policy benefits are not payable for any period you are incarcerated.
- Mental or Nervous Disorder. Payment of disability benefits is limited to 24 months during your lifetime for disability caused or contributed to by a Mental or Nervous Disorder. However, if you are a resident patient in a Hospital at the end of the 24 months, this limitation does not apply while you remain continuously confined for medically necessary treatment of your Mental or Nervous Disorder.
- Pre–existing Condition Limitations. There is no coverage for any loss incurred or disability which is caused by or results from a Pre–existing Sickness or Physical Condition which is not fully disclosed on the application subject to the Importance of Information on the Application/Time Limit on Certain Defenses provision.
- Benefits payable under this policy may be reduced because of other valid coverage.
This is a marketing tool intended for use in the sale of insurance. Completion of an application for a State Farm insurance policy will require contact with a State Farm agent.
This information provides only a brief explanation of coverage. It is not a contract, and exclusions and limitations apply. There are terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. Modifications apply in some states. See policy series 97053MI and 97054MI for exact terms and conditions.
Modifications are applicable in some states. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the policy (policy series 97053MI and 97054MI). Policy form 97053MI premiums payable on each renewal date are step-rated based on the age of the insured at the time of such renewal. Policy form 97054MI rates are level rated. Policy is guaranteed renewable to age 67. For additional details on coverage and cost, contact a State Farm agent.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company