Disability Income Insurance — Vermont
Vermont Disability Income Insurance is currently available through State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Details about coverage, policies, and benefits are listed below. Please read a brief description of the State Farm® Disability Income Insurance in Vermont.
Find an Agent
This policy is designed to help protect those who need help covering day–to–day living expenses if they are disabled due to sickness or injury, under the care of a physician, and unable to work.
You have the option of choosing a combination of coverages that best meet your needs. Your selection of the options below helps determine the cost of your policy.
- The monthly benefit amount
- The benefit period — the length of time benefits are paid to you
- The elimination period — the length of time you must be disabled before benefits begin
This is a summary of what benefits may be available to you. For a more detailed understanding, meet with your State Farm agent.
Monthly Benefit Amount
This is the "monthly income" that you would receive if you became totally disabled as defined in the policy.
If your sickness or injury prevents you from returning to work on a full-time basis after receiving benefits for a period of total disability, State Farm will continue to pay part of your monthly benefit amount for up to six months.
Waiver of Premium
When you meet certain requirements, your premium for this policy is waived (paid by the Company).
If you participate in an approved vocational rehabilitation program while you are totally disabled, State Farm pays for part, if not all, of those expenses. The level of support you receive depends on your monthly benefit amount.
Additional Purchase Option
Over time, coverage needs change. If you find you need more Disability Income coverage, this option allows you to purchase more on your fifth policy anniversary with an abbreviated application process. You'll need to meet certain requirements, so ask your agent for more details.
To help tailor this product to your specific needs, ask your State Farm agent for details on the following optional benefits:
- Social Security Supplement Rider
- Cost of Living Adjustment Rider
*These riders are available at additional cost.
Exclusions and Limitations
If Total Disability results from two or more causes, the Monthly Income Amount payable shall be limited to the amount payable for Total Disability resulting from a single cause. For the purpose of this policy Injury or Sickness sustained while you are Totally Disabled as a result of a prior Injury or Sickness shall not be deemed to result in Total Disability so long as the prior Total Disability continues.
This policy does not cover any loss caused or contributed by:
- Normal pregnancy and childbirth; however, Complications of Pregnancy are not excluded.
- Any attempt at suicide, whether sane or insane, or any intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- War, declared or undeclared, or any act or hazard of war.
- Injury sustained or Sickness contracted while you are in the armed services of any country.
- Injury or Sickness to the extent you are entitled to benefits under, or obtain any settlement related to, any Workers' Compensation or Occupational Diseases Law, or any other state disability law or program.
- Your participation in the commission of an assault or felony.
- Injury or Sickness which results from the use of marijuana, narcotic drugs, hallucinogens, barbiturates, amphetamines, or tranquilizers which were not prescribed for you by a Physician.
- Mental Disorder. The total amount payable under this policy for any period of Total Disability caused or contributed to by a Mental Disorder shall not exceed a cumulative lifetime maximum of 24 months. If you are a resident patient in a Hospital when this lifetime maximum is reached, this limitation does not apply while you remain continuously confined provided that the confinement is medically necessary to the treatment of your Mental Disorder. This limitation will not extend the Maximum Income Period.
- Pre–existing Condition Limitations. This policy does not cover any loss incurred or disability which is caused by or results from a Pre-existing Sickness or Physical Condition unless the loss is incurred or the disability starts more than two (2) years after the effective date of coverage
- Benefits payable under this policy may be reduced because of other valid loss of time coverage.
This is a marketing tool intended for use in the sale of insurance. Completion of an application for a State Farm insurance policy will require contact with a State Farm agent.
This information provides only a brief explanation of coverage currently available in VT. There are terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. See policy series 97052 for exact terms and conditions. Contact a State Farm agent for details and cost.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company