Medicare Advantage Plans - Medicare Part C
Looking for information on Medicare Advantage Plans?
It's important you know what options are available when selecting your Medicare health benefits. You can enroll in Original Medicare or select from a variety of Medicare Advantage plans that include prescription drug coverage and other benefits that may better fit your health care or financial needs.
State Farm® has joined with Humana® in an alliance to offer Medicare Advantage Plans. These simple and easy to use plans may also include prescription drug coverage and other valuable benefits.
Medicare Advantage Plans
Humana's Medicare Advantage plans offer more benefits than Original Medicare. These include prescription drug coverage that is the same as or better than Medicare's defined standard drug plan, so there is no need for a separate prescription drug plan or Medicare Supplement plan. Humana's Medicare Advantage plans also offer services which may save you money and help you manage chronic health conditions.
Different Plans for Different Needs
Humana offers the following Medicare Advantage plan choices. Not sure which plan is best for you? Just think about what you want and need most from your coverage.
Not all Medicare Advantage plans are available in all markets.
Is Flexibility Most Important to You?
Humana Gold Choice (PFFS) plans deliver flexible coverage that's still affordable. Some of the advantages are:
- You can receive care from any Medicare-approved doctor, specialist, or hospital that accepts Medicare and Humana's payment terms and conditions.
- Built-in prescription drug coverage that's equal to or better than the standard Medicare Part D plan. In some areas Medicare Advantage plans are available without prescription drug coverage built-in.
- Prescription mail-order benefits.
- You pay only a fixed amount — called a copayment — or a percentage of your costs — known as coinsurance. Copayments are per visit for primary care physician and specialist offices, or per day for inpatient acute care.
- No copayment for most preventive services, including cancer screenings and immunizations.
- Most include a fitness program that, in most areas, includes a fitness center membership.
- Coverage for emergency care anywhere in the world.
Even though you can choose any doctor, most of our PFFS plans offer some form of a network, either full or partially contracted, which gives you an additional way to save money on your care.
For example, in a plan with a partial network, certain Durable Medical Equipment and home health providers, as well as some freestanding labs and hospitals, have agreed to cover services for an amount that may be lower than the fee charged by out-of-network providers.
If you get covered services from these network providers, you may pay less — even if your coinsurance is the same for both in-network and out-of-network services. However, you may use any Medicare-approved participating provider.
Want to Balance Choices with Your Bottom Line?
HumanaChoice PPO plans can give you freedom to choose and ways to save. With HumanaChoice PPO, you enjoy:
- Freedom to choose any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare and Humana's terms and conditions; however, you'll probably pay less for services from in-network providers.
- All the benefits of Original Medicare — plus much more.
- Referral-free visits to any provider nationwide.
- Most include built-in prescription drug coverage equal to or better than the standard Medicare Part D plan.1
- Most include a fitness program that, in some areas, includes a fitness center membership.
- Emergency coverage anywhere in the world.
- Affordable co-payments for doctor visits and $0 annual routine physicals.
1 In some areas, Medicare Advantage plans are available without prescription drug coverage.
Looking for Predictability at Affordable Prices?
With Humana Gold Plus you get:
- Your choice of a primary care doctor from our wide network to coordinate your care*.
- Coverage for office visits, including annual routine physical exams.
- Coverage for medically necessary hospital care.
- Preventive services like mammograms and colorectal cancer screening covered at no extra cost to you.
- Affordable plan premium and predictable copayments on most services.
* You must use plan providers in your network. It may cost you more to get care from out-of-network providers.
Why Choose Humana?
Humana is one of the nation's largest publicly traded health and supplemental benefit companies. When you choose Humana you're making a smart decision:
- More benefits than Original Medicare
- Possible prescription drug savings
- Predictable, easy to budget costs
- An extensive network of doctors
- Years of experience
- Outstanding plan extras
As a Fortune 100 company with a solid history in the Health care industry, Humana is committed to offering valuable benefits, outstanding wellness programs, and reliable customer service.
Founded in 1961, Humana has been a trusted Medicare insurer for more than 25 years, helping the Medicare population manage their health insurance needs.
When you choose Humana for your Medicare coverage, you're choosing a company that has in-depth knowledge and experience with Medicare coverage options:
- Humana offers Medicare Advantage plans, covering a full range of medical care with a variety of plans.
- Or, you can supplement existing Medicare with a Medicare Supplement plan or with one of Humana's affordable prescription drug plans (PDP).
Find an Agent
Humana is a Medicare Advantage organization and a stand-alone prescription drug plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in a/this Humana plan depends on contract renewal. The benefit information provided herein is a brief summary, not a comprehensive description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or co-payments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year. This may not be a complete listing of plans available in your service area. For a complete listing, please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048). 24 hours a day/7 days a week, or consult www.medicare.gov. A private Fee-for-Service plan is not a Medicare supplement plan. Providers who do not contract with our plan are not required to see you except in an emergency.
Humana health products are underwritten and issued by Humana Insurance Company, which is financially responsible for these products. No member of the State Farm family of companies is financially responsible for these products. Humana Inc, Humana MarketPOINT Inc, and Humana Insurance Company are not affiliates of State Farm.
IH - 45.3
© State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Home Office, Bloomington, Illinois
Last Updated 01132014