Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance — Washington
Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance is currently available through State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Please read a brief description of the State Farm® Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance Policy available in Washington.
Get a Hospital Income Quote
General Descriptions of Benefits
- Daily Benefit: State Farm pays $250 for up to 365 days when you are confined to a hospital for which a charge for room and board is made, for treatment of a covered sickness or injury.
- Intensive Care Benefit: State Farm pays an additional daily benefit of $250 for up to 14 days for the same or related condition when you are in an intensive care or cardiac care specialty unit.
- Extended Care Benefit: State Farm pays one-half of the daily benefit per day for up to 60 days per calendar year when you are confined in a qualified extended care facility the extended care must begin within 14 days of a hospital confinement of at least three days and be for the same or related condition requiring the hospital confinement.
- Emergency Accident Benefit: You will receive $250.00 for each day you sustain an injury and receive for emergency medical treatment within 72 hours of the injury. The Only one Emergency Accident Benefit is paid when multiple injuries are sustained as the result of any one accident. This benefit is payable up to a maximum of three times per calendar year per covered person.
- Outpatient Surgery and Intravascular Catheterization Benefit: State Farm pays $250.00 for each day you undergo an outpatient surgical operation (as identified in the policy) or intravascular catheterization (as identified in the policy).
Benefits for outpatient surgery performed within 12 months of an injury will be paid in addition to the Emergency Accident Benefit.
Only one Outpatient Surgery and Intravascular Catheterization Benefit will be payable when multiple, bilateral, or incidental procedures are performed during the same treatment session.
This is a supplement to health insurance and is not a substitute for major medical coverage. Lack of major medical coverage (or other Minimum Essential Coverage) may result in an additional payment with your taxes. If you do not currently have major medical coverage that qualifies as Minimum Essential Coverage under the Affordable Care Act, you are not eligible for this product.
If you currently have a health spending arrangement such as a Health Savings Account (HSA), or if you plan to open one in the future, please consult your tax advisor about the features offered in this supplemental medical policy, and the possible tax implications of combining these plans.
This is a marketing tool intended for use in the sale of insurance. Completion of an application for a State Farm® insurance policy will require contact with a State Farm agent/insurance producer.
This information provides only a brief description of coverage currently available in WA. It is not a contract. A complete statement of coverage is found only in the Hospital Confinement Indemnity policy, and any attached Riders. This policy is Optionally Renewable with Our consent. See policy series 97024ZWA for exact terms and conditions.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company