Identity Theft Insurance Helps Protect You from the Cost of Restoring Your Identity Information
The Federal Trade Commission estimates that as many as nine million Americans have their identities stolen each year. Identity theft victims often have to spend their own money and a considerable amount of time and energy to clear their credit histories and correct their financial records.
As a valued State Farm® customer, you deserve the best identity restoration insurance products and services. We offer identity theft restoration coverage for only $25 as an optional endorsement under a homeowners, renters, condominium unitowners, manufactured home, or farm and ranch policy. If you become a victim of identity fraud, you'll have expense reimbursement and personal help for the recovery process.
Find an Agent
Identity Restoration Case Management
This identity restoration service is available for up to 12 months for any covered identity fraud. A case manager works with affected agencies and institutions, including credit card companies, credit bureaus, creditors, and businesses, on your behalf to correct any covered identity fraud issues you may experience.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
Our identity theft restoration coverage provides up to $25,000 for covered expenses caused by identity fraud, including:
- Cost of obtaining credit bureau reports
- Fees when reapplying for loans, grants, or other credit instruments
- Phone, postage, and shipping fees
- Notary and filing fees for costs you incur to correct your identity and credit records
- Certain legal fees resulting from identity fraud
- Up to $1,000 for deductibles or service fees from financial institutions and other costs to recover control over your personal identity (This is part of, not in addition to, the expense reimbursement limit.)
- Up to $5,000 combined for lost wages and child and elder care expenses (This is part of, not in addition to, the expense reimbursement limit.)
If you have any questions about identity restoration coverage from State Farm, please contact your agent.
Not all products listed above are available in all states. This information contains only a general description of available coverages and is not a statement of contract. Exclusions and limitations may apply. All coverages are subject to all policy provisions and applicable endorsements. For further information, see your State Farm agent.