Your Worries on Shore
Learn More About Boat Insurance
A State Farm™ boat insurance policy can insure you against most risks of owning and operating your boat, its motor, and its trailer — including protection against liability lawsuits and medical payments. Talk to your local agent to learn more and get boat insurance rates.
Find an Agent
- Equipment permanently attached to the boat
- Electric trolling motors
- Extra fuel tanks
- Detachable canopies
- Seat cushions
- Life preservers
- Skis and their tow ropes
Boat Liability Insurance Coverage
Boat insurance can also protect you if you injure someone with your boat or damage their property. Boat liability coverage provides protection for legal liability because of an accident resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of your watercraft, including bodily injury, property damage, and legal defense.
Boat medical payments coverage pays medical expenses up to the limits in the policy for you, your resident relatives, and other occupants of the boat injured by an accident arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of the watercraft.
Additional Boat Insurance Coverage
- Newly acquired watercraft: Covers your newly acquired watercraft for damage caused by an insured loss. Must be replacing the existing State Farm insured boat and all boats owned need to be insured with State Farm.
- Reasonable repairs: Covers repairs incurred to protect covered property from further damage.
- Emergency service: Pays up to $500 for reasonable costs that you incur resulting from specified emergency service to your boat, motor, or boat trailer.
- Wreck removal: Pays the reasonable expenses you incur for any attempted or actual raising, removal, or destruction of the wreck of your boat when damage is caused by an insured loss and removal or destruction is required by law.
Ask Your Agent
- Are my trailer and boating supplies covered?
- Do I get discounts for completing boating safety courses? Which ones?
- Am I covered for both inland and ocean boating?
- Are there any unique exclusions or exceptions in my state/area?
- Are younger operators covered?
- Will I receive the actual cash value or replacement cost if my boat is totaled?
- What payment options are available?