Group Life Insurance News
Update Your Group Life Insurance Beneficiaries
You are encouraged to update your State Farm® Group Life Insurance beneficiary information through Aon Hewitt.
You may do so online at the My State Farm Benefits Resource website or by calling the Benefits Center at 866-935-4015.
When State Farm transitioned administration of Group Life Insurance to Aon Hewitt, the beneficiary designation information was not in a format that would transfer to Aon Hewitt.
Therefore, beneficiary designations do not show up on the My State Farm Benefits Resource website (i.e., the Aon Hewitt system) unless you enter them. State Farm does have beneficiary information on file and will use that information in the event of your death if you choose not to update your beneficiaries through Aon Hewitt.
Here is some additional information which may be helpful:
- If you designate a new beneficiary on the website or through the Benefits Center, that information is most current (as it is time and date stamped), and it will be honored in the event of a death. It is also then visible to you online.
- If you do not designate a new beneficiary and subsequently pass away, we will use the beneficiary designations on file at State Farm to determine appropriate beneficiaries.
To navigate through this process on the website, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log in to My State Farm Benefits Resource website (http://www.resources.hewitt.com/statefarm)
- With the mouse, hover over "Your Profile" along the top of the screen and select "Beneficiaries" from the drop down menu.
- Go to the plan in which you would like to designate or change a beneficiary and click on "Choose Beneficiaries"
- You'll see a list of people who can be designated as "Primary," "Contingent" or "Not a Beneficiary." To select one of them as your Primary or Contingent beneficiary, simply click on the radio button in the appropriate column to the right of the person's name.
- To add a new beneficiary, click on the drop down menu next to "Add Beneficiary" and choose whether you are adding a person, trust, estate, etc., and then click "Add."
NOTE: When adding or changing information (such as a name, address, date of birth or Social Security Number) for a beneficiary who is already designated on the website and they currently work (or previously worked) for State Farm, please be aware you may receive the following alert message when trying to do so:
'Because this person works (or worked) for State Farm, you cannot make these changes on this site. If this person still works for State Farm, they must make the changes through Employee Self Service on the SFnet website. If this person no longer works for State Farm, please ask them to call the State Farm Benefits Center at 866-935-4015 for assistance.