State Farm® is here to lend a hand where we can with support, tips and inspiration. We have partnered with The Huffington Post to create helpful and motivating content that supports you throughout your life. Check out the original video on Huffington Post.
While choosing a career isn't easy, making the decision to switch careers is even more intimidating. Hear Mario Armstrong's quick tips to help you decide if a career change is the right answer for you and, if it is, how to switch careers.
Take Stock of How Your Job Affects Your Life
- Do you come home and shut down completely?
- Do you take unplanned vacation and sick days to avoid going to work?
The Right Time to Switch Jobs
Before making that leap, make sure it is the right time in your life. Don't take on a career change if you're going through other major life transitions, like having a first child, break-up, buying a new home or moving.
Choosing the Right Career for You
- Write down at least 3 things about which you are passionate
- Write down 20 companies that relate to those passions to give you some direction
- Use your current job to figure out what you need and want when it comes financially and lifestyle considerations
- Use your weaknesses to reveal your strengths. Hate working in an office? Then narrow down your career choices to active, non-desk jobs
While switching careers can be an overwhelming job in itself, the process is something you can control and put into motion immediately. State Farm is here to help with resources, from a savings plan to prepare for transitional times to budget calculators and more.
State Farm® (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.