At State Farm®, we care about being good neighbors. Here are ways you can show kindness and extend a hand in your own community.
- Participate in cleanup days. Whether you're picking up litter or helping paint your neighbor's home, you can show you care about improving your neighborhood.
- Shovel more snow. When you're shoveling your driveway and sidewalks, also shovel the snow around the nearest fire hydrant so that it's visible for firefighters.
- Start a community garden. In addition to creating a local resource for fresh, healthy foods, you'll get to know new people.
- Connect with neighbors. Start a blog or an online group to share ideas, recommendations and other news with homeowners in your area.
- Shop small. Shopping at local merchants puts money into your local economy and schools. It also supports small business owners and their role in your community.
- Support local causes. Don't miss the nearby ice cream social or chili dinner, and stop at the next car wash fundraiser. It's a simple way to show you care about what everyone in your community is up to.
- Visit the schools. Simply hang around after pick-up to meet your children's teachers and area parents, or volunteer to help in a classroom or with students one-on-one.
- Speak up. Take an active role in bettering your neighborhood by speaking to the city council or community groups about what progress and programs you'd like to see. Encourage your neighbors to join you.
- Say "thanks" to local leaders. Deliver bagels and coffee to the nearest police or fire station — a bit of goodwill can go a long way for those working in public service.