State Farm® 100 year anniversary
As we approach the State Farm 100th anniversary, it's the perfect time to take a look back at years of service to our community.
Nearing our State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company 100 year anniversary, we're celebrating all the employees and agents who make it their business to be good neighbors.
A legacy of care
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company was founded in 1922 by retired farmer G.J. Mecherle. His goal? To do the right thing for rural auto insurance customers. What started as an idea built on the principles of honesty and integrity soon became reality, and it continues to guide all we do as we approach our centennial celebration.
Through the years, we've made connections and built relationships — because we care, and because we're the ones you call when life gets hard. We help to restore lives, rebuild neighborhoods and renew hope. Our strong history of investing in the communities where we live and work isn't an accident, it's part of who we are — because that's what being a good neighbor is all about. Whatever the next one hundred years bring, we'll be there with you, providing options and evolving to meet your needs.
Living out our values
"Like a Good Neighbor" goes far beyond the jingle Barry Manilow penned in 1971. It's at the core of how we operate. We work hard to protect what matters to you: your family, your home, your belongings and your community. And that means we're there in your community with you, investing in community organizations, providing education and support and volunteering alongside good neighbors like you.
State Farm — by the numbers:
- 63 million Americans volunteer in any given year — including your State Farm agent. Giving back to communities in which agents live and work is part of our commitment to the common good.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its affiliates offer about 100 products to protect the things that matter most.
- We have about 19,200 agents living in the communities we serve.
- State Farm has nearly 85 million policies and accounts in force in the U.S., and we're committed to each and every one.
- Nearly 36,000 claims are handled per day.