Working for you
When all the decision-making and other work responsibilities land on you, approaching your job looks very different. Self-employment is freeing and exciting, but it also requires diligence and planning to weather the ups and downs of contract work.
And since it's just you, you might have a little more work to do on the front end — but early planning should pay off in the long run. Some of that planning should include:
- Setting goals. You get to decide what your goals will be.
- Working out a budget. Where is the money coming from and going to?
- Figuring out benefits. Don't forget benefits — your health care as well as retirement needs should be included.
The more you understand, the better you're able to budget and protect yourself against challenges or slumps.
Be sure to watch the video, download the Financial Foundation for Freelancers worksheet and keep going through this course.
Your chapter 1 checklist:
- Watch the Financial Overview video.
- Download the Financial Foundation for Freelancers worksheet.
Great Ways to Set Financial Goals
Listen closely as these experts talk about the benefits of creating financial goals.