Don't Let Your Business Wilt — Protect it with Food Shops Insurance from State Farm®
Food shops insurance from State Farm can help your business through a variety of difficult situations, such as if:
- Your business property was destroyed by fire or vandalism.
- A customer fell in your store and brought a lawsuit against you.
- Your business had to shut down depriving you of income.
- Your business documents were destroyed.
For complete details of food store insurance and food shop liability, please contact your State Farm agent.
Find an Agent
There are several distinctive features available in the food shops insurance policy, including:
- Coverage for your Business Property such as buildings and other structures, inventory, property in transit, and much more.
- Business Liability — Liability insurance to help protect yourself financially against costly claims and lawsuits.
- Loss of Income — Protection in case your net income is reduced because of a covered loss.
- Accounts Receivable — Covers loss of monies due to you that are uncollectible because of damage to accounts receivable records.
- Backup of Sewer and Drain — Provides coverage for accidental direct physical loss caused by the backing up of sewers or drains inside your building to business personal property at your location.
- Computer Property — Coverage for computer equipment used in the business operation.
- Data Compromise and Identity Restoration — Coverages work together to help your business and you get back on track after a data breach occurs or if you, the business owner, becomes a victim of identity fraud.
- Employee Dishonesty — Covers direct physical loss of business personal property, including money and securities caused by dishonest acts committed by employees.
- Equipment Breakdown — Provides coverage for mechanical breakdown of covered equipment such as refrigeration equipment, heating, or air conditioning units.
- Food Contamination — Loss of Income Endorsement - Covers business income loss, specified costs and expenses related to contaminated food, and additional advertising expenses if your business is ordered closed by the Board of Health or any other governmental authority as a result of food contamination.
- Money & Securities — Covers the loss of business money and securities caused by theft, disappearance, or destruction from described premises, a bank or savings institution, within your living quarters, or while being conveyed by a messenger or armored auto between any of these places.
- Signs — Covers accidental direct physical loss to signs attached to buildings (whether indoor or outdoor) and to outdoor signs not attached to buildings at the described premises owned by you or in your care, custody, or control.
- Temperature Change/Spoilage — Covers loss to perishable goods on your premises caused by a change in temperature, humidity, or pressure that is the direct result of specified conditions in the endorsement.
- Utility Interruption — Provides loss of income coverage due to failure of communications, water, natural gas, or electrical service to your insured premises for more than eight consecutive hours (see policy provisions).
Start a Claim
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage, limits, or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.
Food Shop insurance is not available in Massachusetts or Rhode Island.
Identity Restoration and Data Compromise are options available for an additional premium.