Identity Theft Insurance Helps Protect You from the Cost of Fraud
The Federal Trade Commission estimates that as many as nine million Americans have their identities stolen each year. Identity theft victims often have to spend their own money and a considerable amount of time and energy to clear their credit histories and correct their financial records.
As a valued State Farm® customer, you deserve the best identity theft insurance products and services. We offer identity theft insurance coverage for only $25 as an optional endorsement under a homeowners, renters, condominium unitowners, manufactured home, or farm and ranch policy. If you become a victim of identity fraud, you'll have expense reimbursement and personal help for the recovery process.
Find an Agent
Identity Restoration Case Management
This identity theft insurance service is available for up to 12 months for any covered identity fraud. A case manager works with affected agencies and institutions, including credit card companies, credit bureaus, creditors, and businesses, on your behalf to correct any covered identity fraud issues you may experience.
Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
Our identity theft insurance coverage provides up to $25,000 for covered expenses caused by identity fraud, including:
- Cost of obtaining credit bureau reports
- Fees when reapplying for loans, grants, or other credit instruments
- Phone, postage, and shipping fees
- Notary and filing fees for costs you incur to correct your identity and credit records
- Certain legal fees resulting from identity fraud
- Up to $1,000 for deductibles or service fees from financial institutions and other costs to recover control over your personal identity (This is part of, not in addition to, the expense reimbursement limit.)
- Up to $5,000 combined for lost wages and child and elder care expenses (This is part of, not in addition to, the expense reimbursement limit.)
If you have any questions about identity theft insurance coverage from State Farm, please contact your agent.