Insurance: Auto, Home, Life & More
- Tools & Advice
- Common Insurance Questions
- Auto Insurance Discounts
- Learning Center
- Home Inventory Checklist
- Life Insurance Calculator
- Identity Protection
- Quick Links
- Get Insurance Quotes
- Find an Agent
- Manage Your Policy
- Make a Payment
- Payment Options
- Claims Center
- Repair Facility Locator
- Welcome Center
Mutual Funds: Save, Invest & Plan
- Start Planning
- General Investing
- Education Savings
- Retirement Accounts
- Small Business Plans
- Rollovers & Transfers
- Fund Information
- Life Path® Funds
- Stock & Index Funds
- Bond & Money Market Funds
- Fund Performance
- Fund Prices
- Fund Selection Tool
- Quick Links
- Open an Account
- Manage Your Account
- Investing Resources
- Forms & Downloads
- Account Help
- Find an Agent
- Contact Us
State Farm BankÆ Full Service Financial
- Tools & Resources
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Banking By Phone
- Financial Calculators
- News & Updates
- Security Information & Alerts
Insurance For Your Collector Car
Protection through our Antique/Classic Program
Whether you lovingly rebuilt your antique or classic car from the ground up or you bought a perfectly restored showpiece, its much more than a car to you. Its your passion, your pride and joy. State Farm® can help protect it. Weve offered affordable, quality auto coverage since 1922. When your collector car was new, it may have been covered by State Farm. Who better to insure it again?"
Is your car eligible for coverage?
If youre not sure, these definitions may help:
- Classic Automobile: A motor vehicle ten or more years old, which is rare or of special historical interest because of exceptionally fine workmanship or limited production. A classic motor vehicle 25 years old or older is covered as an antique.
- Antique Automobile: A motor vehicle 25 or more years old.
And here are some important conditions for eligibility:
- Your antique or classic car must be used on a very limited basis, such as exhibitions, club activities, and parades or similar events.
- You need to have restored, maintained, or preserved your antique or classic car.
- Medical Payments/No Fault
- Uninsured Motor Vehicle/Underinsured Motor Vehicle
- Emergency Road Service
- Death, Dismemberment and Loss of Sight
- Loss of Earnings
Note: This is only a general description of available coverages and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to policy provisions and applicable endorsements. For further information on antique and classic insurance see a State Farm Agent.
More Reasons to Choose State Farm
- Lower premiums since your antique or classic car is used on a very limited basis such as exhibitions, club activities or parades.
- When you insure your antique or classic car with us, you and State Farm will agree on the value of the car. If the car experiences a total covered loss, we will pay this agreed upon value, rather than the actual cash value of the car.*
- Up to $500 coverage for your cars spare parts.*
- 24 Hour Good Neighbor Service During the day or in the middle of the night, you can call your agents number and speak with a State Farm representative to handle your auto insurance needs.
*Not applicable in Massachusetts, North Carolina, and Texas – Contact your State Farm Agent for details.
State Farm Collector Car Expertise
State Farm employees love their cars and that's why our State Farm Vehicle Research Facility built this 1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS convertible. Built as a half-and-half "Split Personality" car for training purposes and PR display, the driver’s side of the car is a high-quality restoration to correct factory-stock specs while the passenger side is modified with lots of custom parts and custom bodywork, but deliberately less-exacting craftsmanship.
In addition to serving as an eye-catching car-show display piece, this car was built by State Farm employees who love their cars, enjoy restoring cars and have fun working on cars both personally and professionally. This 1968 Camaro is being used to educate State Farm associates on the special challenges of assigning proper values to collector cars. This knowledge enables our associates to accurately assess the vehicle for its proper value.
See more of the State Farm Split Camaro on Jay Leno's Garage
You can also see some images of the Split Camaro on Flickr