Filing a State Farm® disability insurance claim is simple. Your State Farm agent and claim associate will assist you with claims related to:
- Disability Income
- Mortgage Disability Income
- Individual Credit Disability Insurance (ICDI)
How Do I File a Claim?
- Contact your State Farm agent or call our Health Response Center at 866-855-1212 866-855-1212.
- Request the required Disability Insurance Claim form.
- Complete Pages 1 and 2 of the form. Ask your physician to complete Pages 3 and 4.
- Sign and date the authorization form so our Health Claims Department can continue working on your claim.
- Use the "Remarks" section to provide:
- Estimated duration of disability
- Return to work date
- Other important information to help us evaluate your claim.
When Should I File a Disability Claim?
Submit the completed and signed claim form when your policy’s Elimination Period has been satisfied, or if your Elimination Period is longer than 90 days, when at least 90 days of your Elimination Period have been satisfied.
How Does State Farm Make Benefit Payments?
- All renewable disability income policies contain an Elimination Period. The length of the Elimination Period varies and is stated in the policy. Benefits begin after the Elimination Period is met. No benefits are paid for the period of time used to meet the Elimination Period.
- The ICDI policy pays a specified monthly income amount if Injury or Sickness results in Total Disability that begins while the policy is in force, continues for longer than 30 days and requires the regular care of a physician. Once your Waiting Period has been satisfied, the benefit amount payable is retroactive to the first day of Total Disability.
- The Health Claims Department pays benefits for a full month whenever possible.
If the Health Claims Department processes a payment for a partial month, the payment is based upon 1/30th of the monthly benefit for each day of disability, as stated in the policy.