State Farm® Family of Companies
See California Consumer Privacy Act for more information.
We value your privacy.
This Notice describes how we protect, collect, use, and share customer information. Customer information means all nonpublic information related to an identified individual, which is sometimes called personally identifiable information. Customer information does not include anonymized data or de-identified data, which do not identify an individual.
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect State Farm customer information.
- We do not share customer medical information within the State Farm family of companies unless:
- you expressly authorize it; or
- it is permitted or required by law; or
- your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We may share customer information and permit others to use that information if you give us your consent, it is necessary to complete a transaction you request, or it is otherwise permitted by law.
- We handle information about former and prospective customers the same as existing customers.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect customer information and to comply with federal and state laws. In addition, we review our policies and practices, monitor our computer networks, and test the strength of our security.
We retain customer information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
We collect customer information in different ways. For example, we gather information from:
- applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with State Farm representatives, including our agents.
- use of statefarm.com®, our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements.
- transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting and claims.
- within the State Farm family of companies.
- non-State Farm parties, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with information such as driving records, claim histories and credit information.
- underwrite and rate your policies and accounts.
- process your claims.
- protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
- provide proper billing.
- confirm your identity and service your policies and accounts.
- enhance your customer experience and improve our products and services.
- offer you other insurance and financial services products.
- develop and offer new products and services.
- develop either anonymized data or de-identified data by making reasonable efforts to remove personally identifiable information so the information is no longer customer information. We develop this data for certain purposes, such as analysis to understand more about our customers and our industry, or for other commercial purposes as permitted by law. We share and use this data within our State Farm family of companies, with third party service providers, or with other unaffiliated entities.
- perform other activities as required or permitted by law.
We share customer information, including information about our transactions with you (such as payments) and experiences with you (such as an auto claim), within our State Farm family of companies and with State Farm agents to help meet your product and service needs. We share customer information inside or outside our family of companies:
- for our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted (such as with consent or as necessary to complete a transaction you request) or required by law.
- as needed, to handle your claim. For example, we may share name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on auto damage claims.
- with consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process.
- in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit.
- with companies that perform marketing or other services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you.
- as needed, to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions and in connection with the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights.
We share customer information within our State Farm family of companies so, for example, we do not have to ask you for the same information again. If you prefer to limit sharing information such as your driving record, claim history with other companies, and credit information, call your State Farm agent or 1-800-865-60351-800-865-6035. Please note, your choice:
- will apply to joint policyholders or account holders on shared policies and accounts.
- does not limit State Farm from sharing certain customer information about your transactions or experiences with us for our everyday business purposes or for public policy purposes.
- does not limit State Farm from sharing customer information in the event of a transfer, between State Farm companies, of all or a portion of a line of business.
If you are an existing customer and have already told us your customer information sharing preference, no action is needed unless you want to change your preference.
Residents of Vermont : State Farm will not share certain customer information across our State Farm family of companies unless authorized by you. This does not limit State Farm from sharing information about your transactions with us (such as your payment history) or your experience with us (such as your claim history) as permitted by law.
This Notice applies to the companies, except as noted belowfootnote *, that make up the State Farm family that independently provide insurance and financial services and various types of support to those insurance and financial services providers. The State Farm family of companies includes, but is not limited to, the companies listed below. This list is subject to change.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
- State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
- State Farm General Insurance Company
- State Farm Indemnity Company
- State Farm Guaranty Insurance Company
- Dover Bay Specialty Insurance Company
- State Farm Florida Insurance Company
- State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas
- State Farm Lloyds
- State Farm Life Insurance Company
- State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company
- State Farm International Services, Inc.
- State Farm Investment Management Corp.
- State Farm VP Management Corp.
- State Farm Specialty Insurance Company
- Insurance Placement Services, Inc.
- State Farm Realty Mortgage, LLC
- State Farm Classic Insurance Company
return to reference *This Notice does not apply to HiRoad Assurance Company or Quanata, LLC which have their own privacy notices.
*This Notice also does not apply to 4EightyFive, LLC as they have their own privacy notice.
*This Notice also does not apply to GAINSCO, Inc., MGA Insurance Company, Inc., and other subsidiaries of GAINSCO, Inc., as these entities have their own privacy notice.
In addition to the information collection and sharing practices described above, State Farm website properties and mobile applications may use common tracking technologies like browser cookies, "Local Shared Objects", analytical tools, device IDs or other technologies. We also collect certain technical information about the device you use to access our site or services, such as user-agent, time stamp, hardware type, language and time zone settings, IP address, OS type and version and installed fonts. Our mobile and social media applications will contain a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that particular application. Currently, we do not support the necessary technology to respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other, comparable mechanisms. Learn more about our ads and tracking activities.
Some operating system developers, such as Apple, allow mobile application users to request deletion of accounts created within an application. If you request deletion of your account, State Farm may still retain your information for legal, auditing, regulatory and business purposes. Retention periods vary according to specific legal, auditing, regulatory and business needs.
A request to delete an account within the mobile application only applies to the credentials and account you created within the Application and not to any other accounts you may have with State Farm.
Please contact your agent for name/address changes or policy/coverage questions.
- writing us at:
Attention: Enterprise Compliance & Ethics - Office of Privacy, C-2
PO Box 2322
Bloomington, IL 61704-2322
- calling us at 1-800-865-60351-800-865-6035
- emailing us
Residents of California: We may collect customer information from persons other than the individual or individuals applying for coverage. Such customer information as well as other personal or privileged information subsequently collected may, in certain circumstances, be disclosed to third parties without your authorization as permitted by law. If you would like additional information about the collection and disclosure of customer information, please contact your State Farm agent. You may also act upon your right to see and correct any customer information in your State Farm files by writing your State Farm agent to request this access.
Residents of Nevada: Nevada law requires us to disclose that you may elect to be placed on our internal “do not call” list should you wish not to receive marketing calls from State Farm. If you have already been placed on our internal “do not call” list please disregard this notice. You may request to be placed on State Farm’s internal “do not call” list by:
- contacting your State Farm agent, OR
- visiting www.statefarm.com and submitting the Do Not Solicit form, OR
- writing us at the following address:
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Mail Response Center
One State Farm Plaza
Bloomington, IL 61710
Please provide us with your name, address and all telephone numbers you wish to be placed on our list. If you have questions about Nevada law regarding “do not call”, please contact us at the address listed above, or you may contact the Nevada Attorney General at:
Office of the Nevada Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
555 E. Washington Avenue; Suite 3900
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Si desea recibir una copia de esta notificación en español: Por favor póngase en contacto con su agente de State Farm o visite es.statefarm.com.
Last updated 12/21/2023