What do you need to get homeowners insurance?
We can start the quote process with things you already know. It may take less than 10 minutes. Here’s what to expect:
- 1. Provide your name, property address of the home to be insured, date of birth and coverage start date
- 2. We’ll search public records so you might not need to fill in the details of your home
- 3. You confirm it’s your information
- 4. From there, more specific home and personal information will better help determine your coverage options, deductible and policy cost
- Number of people living in your house full-time
- Is the house your primary home
- If the house is seasonal/secondary, the number of weeks occupied
Safety features you have
- Deadbolt locks on exterior-facing doors
- Fire extinguishers
- Sprinkler systems
- Fire/smoke alarms
- Burglar alarms
- Year built
- Total finished square feet
- Number of stories
- Solid fuel appliance
- Detached structures
Your insurance history
- Any claims for insured losses you’ve made in the past 5 years
- Name of your most recent property insurance carrier
- Dates of when you last had coverage
Fire protection response
- How accessible is your home/apartment to fire service?
- Is your home outside the city limits of the city closest to you?
- What’s the distance to the nearest fire service?
Additional protections desired
- Items like home computers and jewelry may require increased coverage limits
Get a homeowners insurance quote
A great price on homeowners insurance is just a few clicks away.
Find a local State Farm agent
There’s one ready to offer personalized service to fit your specific needs.
Read more Simple Insights® on homeowners insurance
Learn what we’ve learned over the past 100 years.
1 Customers may always choose to purchase only one policy, but the discount for two or more purchases of different lines of insurance will not then apply. Savings, discount names, percentages, availability and eligibility may vary by state.
All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.
State Farm® (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third-party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third-party site. Access to third-party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third-party sites.
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
State Farm Florida Insurance Company
Winter Haven, FL
State Farm Lloyds