Protect Your Rental Dwelling, Right Down to the Rent You're Earning
Find an Agent Near You
Take a Closer Look at our Rental Dwelling Policy
The State Farm Rental Dwelling Policy covers accidental, direct physical loss to your rental dwelling and your personal property located there, based upon the coverage provided by your policy.
This policy may help with the following coverages:
- Dwelling Coverage: To pay for covered repairs or reconstruction of the dwelling and other structures on the same property.
- Personal Property Coverage: To pay for covered losses to your property located at your rental dwelling. This includes furniture and other personal property rented with or used to maintain the property.
- Loss of Rents Coverage: To reimburse you for fair rental value lost if your rental dwelling is damaged by an insured loss that causes the property to be uninhabitable.
- Liability Coverage: To protect yourself financially against costly liability lawsuits.
While the State Farm Rental Dwelling Policy provides broad coverage, it does not provide coverage for every loss. Examples of losses not insured include, but are not limited to:
- Damage caused by continuous or repeated seepage or leakage of water or steam.
- Water damage caused by flood or underground water.
- Earth movement including earthquake and landslide.
- Damage caused by settling, deterioration, contamination or nuclear hazard.
- Damage caused by birds, rodents, insects or domestic animals.
Home Alert Discounts
You may qualify for insurance discounts if you install fire, smoke, or burglar alarms or any other home monitoring system.
This coverage automatically increases the amount of insurance on the dwelling and personal property as inflation increases the cost of replacing your property. The changes are based on the movement of an inflation index and are reflected in the premium on each renewal.
Replacement Cost Dwelling Coverage
Pays for the cost to repair or replace the dwelling up to a specified limit.
Actual annual premiums will vary depending on coverages selected, amounts of coverage, deductibles, and other factors. Details of coverage or limits vary in some states. This is only a general description of coverage and not a statement of contract. Coverage is subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
State Farm General Insurance Company
State Farm Florida Insurance Company
Winter Haven, FL
State Farm Lloyds