What information do I need to get renters insurance?
Apartment or rental home information
Tell us a little about your home sweet home or apartment you are renting, so we may provide a more accurate quote.
Safety features you have
- Deadbolt locks installed on exterior-facing doors
- Fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems and fire/smoke alarms
- Burglar alarms
Fire protection questions
- How accessible is your home/apartment to fire service?
- Is your home outside the city limits of the city closest to you?
- What’s the distance to the nearest fire service?
Your insurance history
- Any claims for insured losses you’ve made in the past 5 years
- The name of your most recent property insurance carrier
- Dates of when you last had coverage
Any additional protections
- Items like home computers and jewelry may require increased coverage limits
Get a renters insurance quote
A great rate on renters insurance is just a few clicks away.
Find a local State Farm agent
There’s one ready to offer personalized service to fit your specific needs.
Read more Simple Insights® on renters insurance
Learn what we’ve learned over the past 100 years.
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company
State Farm General Insurance Company
State Farm Florida Insurance Company
Winter Haven, FL
State Farm Lloyds