Hail storm damage can lessen the life of your roof and cause leaks that impact your home’s interiors. If you need to file a claim, State Farm® works with you throughout the roof insurance claim process.
Do I Have Hail Damage to My Roof?
A State Farm claim associate may assist in explaining the difference between normal wear and aging versus damage caused by a hail storm.
Common characteristics include:
- Random damage
- Impact marks
- On wood roofs, splits with sharp edges
How Do I File a Roof Claim?
Report your claim as soon as possible.
Which Roof Contractor Should I Choose?
- Select an established, licensed, or bonded roofer. Not all jurisdictions require licensing of roofing contractors.
- Get references as well as certificates of insurance (both liability and workers compensation), and verify they are active when your work is scheduled.
What Should the Roof Repair Estimate Include?
Request a detailed estimate (written or digital).
- Quantity of materials needed
- Labor charges
- Work specifications
- Approximate starting and completion dates
- Payment procedures
- Building permits secured (if applicable)
- Warranty details – review conditions that would void it
- Use caution and ask questions before accepting a bid substantially lower than other bids for the same repair work.
- Contact your local Better Business Bureau to check for complaints filed against the contractor.