Stolen Property Claims
Break-ins and burglaries are unsettling, so it's good to know that State Farm® is dedicated to helping you recover from your loss quickly.
Document your purchases and keep an inventory to prove ownership of your personal property.
What Should I Do First?
- Report the theft to the police.
- Contact your State Farm agent right away.
- Review your policy, including coverages, limitations, and deductibles related to personal property.
- File a claim with State Farm.
How Much Is My Property Worth?
Most insurance policies provide coverage for personal property on an actual cash value basis. Some policies or endorsements provide coverage on a replacement cost basis.
- Actual Cash Value: The cost to repair or replace property less depreciation.
- Replacement Cost Coverage: The cost to repair or replace the property with a comparable item or items.
Talk to your claim associate or contact your State Farm agent.
Most insurance policies provide coverage for personal property on an actual cash value basis (replacement cost less depreciation). Some policies or endorsements provide coverage on a replacement cost basis, subject to coverage limits.