Life Insurance Claims
State Farm® is committed to an efficient, organized life insurance claims process. We know that the passing of a loved one creates plenty of stress on its own.
(New Brunswick, Canada residents: the online Report a Death form is not eligible to be used by residents of the province of New Brunswick, Canada). To report a death, please contact a State Farm agent.
Information to Have on Hand
- Insured person's full name and nickname (if any)
- Date of birth
- State of residence
- Life insurance policy number (if known)
- Date and cause of death
- Name of person reporting the claim, and his/her relationship to the deceased
- Daytime and evening phone numbers
Processing and Resolution
- After the notification of death has been received, the agent of record will contact the beneficiary of the policy.
- Necessary forms (death certificate, W-9, etc.) will be filed, and the status of claim will be provided.
- Resolution of the claim will be made by the Life Claims office once all forms and documentation have been received.
Why State Farm?
State Farm has always based its business on one principle: integrity. We'll make sure you get your life back on track in case the unexpected happens.