Start Of Main Content

Business insurance claims

State Farm® is here to help you effectively manage your business insurance claims. You can help speed along the process of reporting a claim by keeping a detailed inventory of business property, including photographs.

How do I file a claim?

  • Contact your State Farm agent.
  • Take reasonable steps to correct potential safety risks and prevent further damage.
  • Keep an accurate record of your repair expenses.
  • Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired, and check with your claim associate before discarding anything.
  • If desired, obtain repair estimates from experienced contractors; if your loss is eligible, you may be interested in our State Farm Premier Service® Program.
  • Major damage may require contractor/engineer inspections. You can identify potential general contractors in your area with the Contractor Locator Application (CLA).

What if I have a workers compensation claim?

Your State Farm agent can help with questions about workers compensation insurance or to start the claims process.

What if I have a business interruption claim?

If you are a State Farm business policyholder, your policy may include certain "Loss of Income," "Extra Expense," "Civil Authority" and "Dependent Property" coverage if your business is interrupted by a Covered Cause of Loss. Please review your policy's terms for specific information about these coverages if they are part of your policy. If you have questions or believe you may have a claim, please contact your State Farm agent. State Farm policyholders can submit and manage their claim through various channels. This includes calling or emailing their State Farm agent, calling 1-800-SFCLAIM, submitting a claim through our mobile app or through our website at