Your Classic Car
Collector & Classic Car Insurance
Whether you lovingly rebuilt your antique auto or classic car from the ground up or you bought a perfectly restored showpiece, it's much more than a car to you. It's your passion, your pride and joy. State Farm® can help protect it. We've offered competitively-priced quality auto insurance coverage since 1922. When your antique car was new, it may have been covered by State Farm. Who better to insure it again?
Find an Agent
Protection for Your Antique and Classic Vehicles
Is Your Car Eligible for Antique Car Insurance Coverage?
If you're not sure, these definitions may help:
- Classic automobile: A motor vehicle ten or more years old, which is rare or of special historical interest because of exceptionally fine workmanship or limited production. A classic motor vehicle 25 years old or older is covered as an antique.
- Antique automobile: A motor vehicle 25 years old or older.
Here are some important conditions for classic car insurance eligibility:
- Your antique or classic car must be used on a very limited basis, such as exhibitions, club activities, and parades or similar events.
- You need to have restored, maintained, or preserved your antique or classic car.
- Medical Payments/No Fault
- Uninsured Motor Vehicle/Underinsured Motor Vehicle
- Emergency Road Service
- Death, Dismemberment and Loss of Sight
- Loss of Earnings
NOTE: This is only a general description of available coverages and is not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to policy provisions and applicable endorsements. For further information on antique auto and classic car insurance, see a State Farm agent.
More Reasons to Choose State Farm
- Your insurance premiums may be lower if your antique auto or classic car is used on a very limited basis such as exhibitions, club activities or parades.
- When you choose antique or classic car insurance with us, you and State Farm will agree on the value of the car. If the car experiences a total covered loss, we will pay the agreed-upon value, rather than the actual cash value of the car as long as there is no prior damage to the car, parts have not been removed, and the car's condition has not deteriorated because of abuse or neglect.*
- Up to $500 coverage for your car's spare parts.
- 24 Hour Good Neighbor Service — During the day or in the middle of the night, you can call your agent's number and speak with a State Farm representative to handle your antique auto or classic car insurance needs.
- We understand your classic car. We've been insuring collector cars for many years. In 2010, State Farm employees even created a 1968 'Split Camaro' as a teaching tool. It clearly demonstrates the difference between a vehicle fully restored to original condition and a vehicle thats been significantly modified. Learn more about the "Split Camaro."
View more images of the Split Camaro on Flickr.
*Not applicable in Massachusetts and North Carolina — Contact your State Farm Agent for details.
Simple Insights® by State Farm
Take advantage of what we've learned! Simple Insights® offers tips from buying and selling a car to auto maintenance and safety.
What to Know When Buying Your Dream Classic Car
Classic Car Insurance 101
Ever Lend Your Car to a Friend? Read This First
Take The Wheel When Maintaining Your Car
Receive competitive quotes to compare and even pay online.
Powered by Openbay
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas