Download the Steer Clear App Today
Text STEER to 78836 to download the Steer Clear mobile app and complete the program anytime, anywhere.
Steer Clear Safe Driver Discount Eligibility Requirements?
To qualify for the discount, you must:
- Be under age 25.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have no at-fault accidents or moving violations during the past three years.
- Complete the Steer Clear program requirements, which include 5 hours of driving in at least 10 trips, watching a series of safe driving videos, and completing safe driving quizzes.
As long as you continue to meet your state’s eligibility requirements, the Steer Clear Safe Driver Discount will continue to be applied.
How to Get Started
- Confirm with your State Farm agent that you are eligible for the discount.
- Download the Steer Clear mobile app to:
- Watch safe-driving videos.
- Complete safe-driving quizzes.
- Record your trips.
- Within the app, verify you are eligible and have completed the requirements.
Recruit a Driving Mentor
One of the most effective ways to improve driving behaviors is to drive with an engaged mentor. State Farm encourages driving with a mentor whenever you can. Mentors must be age 25 or older, and have at least 3 years of driving experience.
An effective, engaged driving mentor should:
- Try to remember that they were a new driver once, too.
- Be patient and understanding.
- Give driving directions clearly, calmly and well in advance of the maneuver.
- Communicate that they care about your safety in a calm, non-emotional way.
- Listen and understand your point of view and concerns.
- Positively recognize your use of good judgment.
To set the stage for your driver/mentor relationship, mentors can download the Steer Clear mobile app and follow along.
Compatible mobile phone required; enrollment and terms and conditions apply.
Steer Clear Safe Driver Discount is not available in every state. For additional information, please contact your State Farm® agent.
State Farm® (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, any third party products or the content of any third party sites referenced in this material. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the third party sites. Any references to such sites are provided for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites. State Farm does not warrant the merchantability, fitness, or quality of the third party products referenced in this material.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
State Farm Indemnity Company
State Farm County Mutual Insurance Company of Texas