Take Care of Business with Retail Insurance from State Farm®
Retail shop insurance from State Farm provides coverage that can help you through a variety of difficult situations, such as:
- Your business was destroyed by fire or vandalism
- A customer brought a lawsuit against you
- A business shut down depriving you of income
- Your business documents were lost or destroyed
For complete details of our retail store insurance policies, please contact your State Farm agent.
Find an Agent
There are Several Distinctive Features Available in the Retail Shop Insurance Policy Including:
- Coverage for your business property such as buildings and other structures, inventory, property in transit, and much more.
- Comprehensive General Liability — Insurance which may provide financial protection against costly claims and lawsuits.
- Loss of Income — Protection in case you must close your business because of a covered loss.
- Accounts Receivable — May cover for loss of monies due to you that are uncollectible because of damage to accounts receivable records.
- Back up of Sewer and Drain — May provide coverage for accidental direct physical loss to business personal property at your location.
- Computer Property — Coverages for computer equipment used in the business operation.
- Data Compromise and Identity Restoration — Coverages work together to help your business and you get back on track after a data breach occurs or if you, the business owner, becomes a victim of identity theft.
- Employee Dishonesty — May cover direct physical loss of business personal property including money and securities caused by dishonest acts committed by employees.
- Equipment Breakdown — May provide coverage for damage to covered property caused by mechanical breakdown of covered equipment, artificially generated current damaging covered equipment, explosion of steam boilers or loss of steam/hot water boilers.
- Money & Securities — Covers the loss of business money and securities caused by theft, disappearance, or destruction from described premises, a bank or savings institution, while being conveyed by a messenger or armored auto or within the residence of a messenger.
- Signs — May cover accidental direct physical loss to signs attached to buildings (whether indoor or outdoor) and to outdoor signs not attached to buildings at the described premises owned by you or in your care, custody or control.
- Utility Interruption — Provides loss of income coverage due to failure of communications, water, natural gas or electrical service to your insured premises for more than eight consecutive hours (See policy provisions).
Start a Claim
This is only a general description of coverages of the available types of insurance and is not a statement of contract. Coverage and/or services may not be available for all businesses and vary in some states. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions, limits and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.
State Farm (including State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) is not responsible for, and does not endorse or approve, either implicitly or explicitly, the content of any third party sites hyperlinked from this page. State Farm has no discretion to alter, update, or control the content on the hyperlinked, third party site. Access to third party sites is at the user's own risk, is being provided for informational purposes only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any of the products which may be referenced on such third party sites.