Do you need information about State Farm®? Here you'll find fast facts including headquarters location, number of policies held, and more.
Name of Company and Headquarters
Lines of Business
- Property and Casualty insurance
- Life and Health insurance
- Mutual Funds
- Banking products
Agency Type and Marketing Channels
Independent contractor exclusive State Farm agents
- Is a mutual company, with policyholder members
- Insures more cars and homes than any other insurer in the U.S.
- Is a leading insurer of watercraft
- Is ranked No. 351 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies
- Has more than 65,000 employees
- Has 18,000 agents
- Is the country's #1 insurer of individual life insurance policies in force.2
By the Numbers
- Policies and Accounts — 84.1 million as of 6/30/2016
- 45 million in Auto
- Over 27 million in Fire
- Nearly 8 million in Life
- Nearly 900,000 in Health
- 83rd largest bank in US in terms of assets — nearly $17 billion in assets
- Nearly 500,000 accounts in Mutual Funds
- Sells approximately 100 different products
- Processes about 37,000 claims a day
1 Based on 2016 Fortune 500 list of companies.
2 Ranking and data provided by SNL Financial based on reported individual ordinary life insurance policies in force as of year-end 2014.
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)