State Farm® Mutual Automobile Insurance Company is the parent company of several affiliates and subsidiaries that provide property and life insurance, banking products, and mutual funds. References to “State Farm” on this page refer to the State Farm family of companies as a whole.
Name of Company and Headquarters
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Address: One State Farm Plaza, Bloomington, Illinois 61710
Michael L. Tipsord, Chairman, President and CEO
Lines of Business
- Property and Casualty insurance
- Life and Health insurance
- Mutual Funds
- Banking products
Agency Type and Marketing Channels
Independent contractor exclusive State Farm agents
- Insures more cars and homes than any other insurer in the U.S.
- Is a leading insurer of watercraft
- Is ranked No. 36 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies 
- Has nearly 65,000 employees
- Has nearly 19,000 independent contractor agents
By the Numbers
- Policies and Accounts — 83.4 million as of 12/31/2017
- 44.1 million in Auto
- Over 28 million in Fire
- 7.963 million in Life
- Nearly 867,000 in Health
- 90th largest bank in the U.S. in terms of assets** - nearly $18.3 billion in assets
- Nearly 519,000 accounts in Mutual Funds
- Sells about 100 different products
- Processes about 38,300 claims a day
 Data provided by SNL Financial.
 Based on 2018 Fortune 500 list of companies.
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)
State Farm Bank, F.S.B., Bloomington, Illinois offers deposit and loan products. Other insurance, securities or investment products are offered by affiliate companies.
State Farm Bank ("Bank") is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID 139716. The other products offered by affiliate companies of State Farm Bank are not FDIC insured, not a State Farm Bank obligation or guaranteed by State Farm Bank, and may be subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal invested. The Bank encourages any interested individual(s) to submit an application for any product(s) offered by the Bank. We also encourage you to obtain information regarding the Bank's underwriting standards for each type or credit or service offered by visiting statefarm.com® or by contacting the Bank at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services. To apply for a Bank product, you may also see your participating State Farm agent.