Do you need information about State Farm™? Here you'll find fast facts including headquarters location, number of policies held, and more.
Name of Company and Headquarters
Lines of Business
- Property and Casualty insurance
- Life and Health insurance
- Mutual Funds
- Banking products
Agency Type and Marketing Channels
Independent contractor exclusive State Farm agents
- Is a mutual company, with policyholder members
- Insures more cars and homes than any other insurer in the U.S.
- Is a leading insurer of watercraft
- Is ranked No. 351 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies
- Has more than 65,000 employees
- Has 18,000 agents
- Is the country's #1 insurer of individual life insurance policies in force.2
By the Numbers
- Policies and Accounts — 84.1 million as of 6/30/2016
- 45 million in Auto
- Over 27 million in Fire
- Nearly 8 million in Life
- Nearly 900,000 in Health
- 83rd largest bank in US in terms of assets — nearly $17 billion in assets
- Nearly 500,000 accounts in Mutual Funds
- Sells approximately 100 different products
- Processes about 37,000 claims a day
1 Based on 2016 Fortune 500 list of companies.
2 Ranking and data provided by SNL Financial based on reported individual ordinary life insurance policies in force as of year-end 2014.
State Farm Life Insurance Company (Not licensed in MA, NY or WI)
State Farm Life and Accident Assurance Company (Licensed in NY and WI)
State Farm Bank, F.S.B., Bloomington, Illinois offers deposit and loan products. Other insurance, securities or investment products are offered by affiliate companies.
State Farm Bank ("Bank") is a Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID 139716. The other products offered by affiliate companies of State Farm Bank are not FDIC insured, not a State Farm Bank obligation or guaranteed by State Farm Bank, and may be subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal invested. The Bank encourages any interested individual(s) to submit an application for any product(s) offered by the Bank. We also encourage you to obtain information regarding the Bank's underwriting standards for each type or credit or service offered by visiting statefarm.com or by contacting the Bank at 877-SF4-BANK (877-734-2265). If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or do not use your voice to communicate, you may contact us via 711 or other relay services. To apply for a Bank product, you may also see your participating State Farm™ agent.