Do you need information about State Farm®? Here you'll find fast facts including headquarters location, number of policies held, and more.
Name of Company and Headquarters
Lines of Business
- Property and Casualty insurance
- Life and Health insurance
- Mutual Funds
- Banking products
Agency Type and Marketing Channels
Independent contractor exclusive State Farm agents
- Is a mutual company, with policyholder members
- Insures more cars and homes than any other insurer in the U.S.
- Is a leading insurer of watercraft
- One of the leading insurers in Canada
- Is ranked No. 43 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies
- Has more than 65,000 employees
- Has 17,800 agents
By the Numbers
- Policies and Accounts — 81 million at end of 2010
- Over 43 million in Auto
- Over 27 million in Fire
- Over 7 million in Life
- Over 900,000 in Health
- 73rd largest bank in US in terms of assets — over 14 billion in assets
- Over 430,000 accounts in Mutual Funds
- Sells approximately 100 products
- Processes about 35,000 claims a day
Securities Issued by State Farm VP Management Corp. For more information, call 800-447-4930 (Mutual Funds) or 888-702-2307 (Variable Products).
Securities, insurance and annuity products are not FDIC insured, are not bank guaranteed and are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of principal.
State Farm VP Management Corp. is a separate entity from those State Farm entities which provide banking and insurance products.
Neither State Farm nor its agents provide investment, tax, or legal advice.