Underwriting and Actuarial Careers
This is where the analytical and the insightful find a home. State Farm®, the nation's number one insurer, offers rewarding underwriting and actuarial careers in Property/Casualty and Life/Health/Mutual Funds. Join us as we help our customers protect what matters most.
Search and Apply Now
Analysis. Relationships. Quality.
State Farm insures more cars and homes than any other company in the United States – with some of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry. State Farm is also the largest life insurer in the United States, in individual life policies in force. We do it by making sure our underwriters and underwriting assistants have the skills and knowledge they need to provide remarkable service. Underwriting Service Assistants (P&C) and Customer Service Assistants (L/H) process policy changes, and utilize critical thinking skills to help agents service our customers. Underwriters assess customer risks and determine insurance eligibility by reviewing applications, existing business, statistical data, reports, and customer information. Check out our key Underwriting areas below.
Property and Casualty (Auto or Fire)
You can find all of our current Underwriting job openings by selecting job families Claims/Underwriting/Insurance and Financial Oper/Acctng/Banking or use keyword Underwriting/Underwriter in your Job Search.
Analysis. Insight. Predicting the future.
The Actuarial Department relies on creative, resourceful problem solvers to provide analysis and insight to support critical Enterprise business decisions.
Actuarial careers at State Farm offer challenging assignments and abundant developmental opportunities. Financial support and study time at work are also available to encourage successful pursuit of FCAS (Fellow, Casualty Actuarial Society) and FSA (Fellow, Society of Actuaries) designations.
This department develops insurance coverages and rates for State Farm, with dedicated actuarial functions specializing in property and casualty or life and health insurance:
Property and Casualty (Auto / Fire)
As property and casualty analysts, technicians, or support staff, some of our work includes:
- Making pricing recommendations to meet financial and marketing objectives.
- Performing research and statistical modeling to determine new factors to include in our rating plan.
- Assisting Market Area and Corporate departments.
- Working with state regulators to implement new products, rating plans, and rate levels.
- Developing new analysis tools for use by other associates.
- Measuring and managing our catastrophe exposure and negotiating reinsurance contracts.
Life and Health
The life and health insurance fields offer ample opportunity for actuarial candidates in our department.
Some of our work includes:
- Designing and launching new products.
- Modeling assets and liabilities.
- Reviewing all facets of experience studies.
- Understanding the implications of new regulations and tax law changes.
- Managing policyholder dividends.
You can find all of our current Actuary job openings by selecting job family Actuarial in your Job Search.
Interested in learning more? Search and apply today!
You can find all of our current Underwriting and Actuarial job openings by selecting job families Claims/Underwriting/Insurance, Financial Oper/Acctng/Banking and Actuarial in your Job Search.