The Vehicle Claim Process
If you have a claim, it's helpful to understand what happens during the vehicle claim process.
1. Claim Report
- File a Claim - Choose the way you prefer.
- Sign up for notifications
- Get text and emails about your claim
- Register or log in, then look for "Profile and Preferences"
- State Farm will
- Review claim details
- Assess damage
- Your claim associate may also contact you to
- Get additional information
- Explain your coverages
- Discuss next steps
- If we have already obtained necessary information when you file a claim, a follow-up phone call from State Farm may not be necessary.
3. Estimate + Repair
- Get an estimate
- Approve estimate and authorize repairs
- Pay deductible
- Get a rental (if applicable) while repairs are underway
- If payment applicable, State Farm will either
- Pay repair shop directly or
- Send payment to your bank account or by mail
- We'll pay to repair, replace, or furnish the agreed upon actual cash value of your property, subject to the terns and conditions of your policy.
- Subrogation (If we need to work with at-fault parties to recover payments)
Track Your Claim Online
- Log in or register to manage your claim
- Complete required tasks
- Access insurance claim resources
Your claim team and agent are always available to answer questions and explain the claim process.