Paintless Dent Repair
The Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) process removes hail dents or other types of damage from a vehicle's exterior surface panels without disturbing the finish.
How Does Paintless Dent Removal Work?
- Specialized tools apply pressure to the backside of the panel to remove surface imperfections.
- Sometimes includes bonding a "tab" or other device to the exterior of the panel and pulling the dent from the topside.
- Refinishing isn't needed.
Your claim associate can provide additional information and help you choose a PDR vendor.
What Happens After a Major Hail Storm?
- State Farm® works with local and national paintless dent repair companies.
- Response teams work on location in temporary locations.
- Repairs performed by specially trained technicians.
What If I'm Not Satisfied with the Paintless Dent Repair Work?
State Farm will guarantee your satisfaction with paintless dent repair work for as long as you own your car, when:
- You authorize repairs by a repairer we agree upon.
- PDR is listed on your estimate.
- We pay for those repairs.
If a problem with paintless dent repair work ever develops, additional necessary repair work will be done to your satisfaction and at no additional cost to you. Final decisions regarding any repairs to your vehicle are made by you, the vehicle owner.