Disability Insurance Claims
Filing a State Farm™ disability insurance claim is simple. Contact a State Farm agent to start the claim process, or call our Health Response Center at 866-855-1212. We'll provide you with the necessary claim forms and answer any questions you may have.
Disability Income, Mortgage Disability Income, and Individual Credit Disability Insurance (ICDI)
When you need to report a claim:
- State Farm will provide you with a claim form. You should complete the first and second pages of the claim form and have the third and fourth pages completed by your physician.
- You should sign and date the authorization since the Health Claims Department may need additional information.
- It helps if you and your physician use the "Remarks" section to provide an estimated duration of disability, a return to work date or other important information to help us evaluate your claim.
- Submit the completed and signed claim form at approximately:
- 30 days from the beginning of disability for an ICDI claim.
- 30 days after the end of the 30, 60 or 90 day Elimination Period for a Disability Income or Mortgage Disability Income claim.
- 90 days for Elimination Periods of more than 90 days. State Farm sells Disability Income policies with 180, 365, and 730 day Elimination Periods. Submitting the claim form at 90 days allows us to monitor the claim and pay you when the first payment becomes due.
- All renewable disability income policies contain an Elimination Period. The length of the Elimination Period varies and is stated in the policy. Benefits begin after the Elimination Period is met. No benefits are paid for the period of time used to meet the Elimination Period.
- The ICDI policy pays a specified monthly income amount if Injury or Sickness results in Total Disability that begins while the policy is in force, continues for longer than 30 days and requires the regular care of a physician. The benefit amount is retroactive from the first day of Total Disability.
- The Health Claims Department pays benefits for a full month whenever possible.
If the Health Claims Department processes a payment for a partial month, the payment is based upon 1/30th of the monthly benefit for each day of disability, as stated in the policy.
This is a marketing tool intended for use in the sale of insurance. Completion of an application for a State Farm insurance policy will require contact with a State Farm insurance agent/producer.
The information provides a brief, general description of the coverage provided by these policies. It is not a contract and certain exclusions and limitations apply. A complete statement of the coverage provided is found only in the policy itself. Policy coverage's, exclusions and limitations may vary in some states.
For exact terms and condiitions see: Long Term Care policy series ICC1197062IC.