All operators of your vehicle must be "good drivers" as defined by California law. See your agent for more details.
All drivers with less than 9 years of driving experience who are full-time students in high school or at a college or university, and the scholastic records for the immediately preceding school semester show that this student meets at least one of the following:
- Ranked scholastically in the upper 20% of his or her class
- Had a grade average of B or higher
- Had a grade point average of 3.0 (out of 4.0) or higher
- Made the Dean's List or Honor Roll
Home study students may be eligible if they submit evidence they have taken certain national standardized tests, administered within the last 12 months and ranked in the upper 20%.
Proof of eligibility is required when an application for insurance is submitted.
In order to initially qualify for this auto insurance discount, all California drivers with less than nine years of driving experience who are assigned to the automobile must have successfully completed a State Farm Safety Education course, consisting of an exam and a video administered in a State Farm agent's office.
You may be eligible for a discount on your private-passenger vehicle, motor home, or motorcycle premium if your household has insured an eligible vehicle with State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company for three years or longer. The amount of the discount may increase every year for up to six years.
You may be eligible for a discount for taking a mature driver improvement course if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Are the principal driver of the vehicle
- Are at least 55 years of age
- Have voluntarily completed within the last three years a Mature Driver Improvement Course that has been approved by the Department of Motor Vehicles
A certificate must be presented to State Farm showing the course was successfully completed.
You may be eligible for this discount if you meet all of the following criteria:
- There are two or more private-passenger automobiles owned by persons residing at the address.
- The vehicles are insured with State Farm.
- The owners of the vehicles reside in the same household and A) are related by marriage, blood, or adoption, or B) for two unrelated owners, they must jointly own the vehicles and both be designated as the named insured on the policies.
Discount applies to a vehicle when each of the assigned drivers have less than 9 years of driving experience:
- Is a student who resides at school more than 100 miles from home
- Drives the automobile only while home during the school vacation or holiday periods
- Keeps the automobile at home while away at school
1994 and newer-model-year private-passenger vehicles may receive an auto insurance discount based on the loss experience of the make and model of the insured vehicle.
Discounts and their availability may vary by state and eligibility requirements. Not all vehicles or drivers are eligible for discounts.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company